GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Upgrade SR magazine!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 23:04
Regular
SR seem to want to improve themselves and this is shown in the expansion in sale items and constant need to improve the web site. Yet I haven't noticed much talk about any improvements in the SR magazine. I would love to see some sort of demo CD included with the SR magazine, you could include the games (pc ones) that have been reviewed in that particular issue. I would think that this would improve sales for the pc.
{i) The only problems I can see with this are as follows: increase in postage and packaging (perhaps, although a cd in a sleeve shouldn't really increase P&P).

(ii)the cost to produce these cd's (you may require to have some sort of license or something to distribute demos as well as having to produce these cd's)

{iii}and of course the fact that not all your members own pc's. Maybe you could add a new membership category where the member gets this demo cd with their issue of SR magazine for a small additional membership fee increase.
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:11
"High polygon count"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> more like a nice clubby feel.

Lots of pictures of baby seals then! :-)

(Note: this is a JOKE! I do not agree with seal clubbing/culling.)
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:04
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:

> Even more reason for you to lurk around your post box
> salivating eh wookiee?

Oh yes!

"This week, I are'll mostly be givin' the postie rabies!"
Fri 04/05/01 at 09:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I wouldn't go as far as a free game, more like a nice clubby feel. Incidentally, if Sniper, Ant and FantasyMeister are reading this post, then I need a picture of your for the mag (I've already got one for Grix and meka). It can be a real one or a 'comedy' mysterious one, whatever you want. Just send it to the gameaday email address. Please get back to me as soon as you can. others will have to wait til next month...
Fri 04/05/01 at 09:50
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
A free game? ;-)

Even more reason for you to lurk around your post box salivating eh wookiee?
Fri 04/05/01 at 09:45
"High polygon count"
Ali@specialreserve wrote:
> Expect something cool in the next mag.

A free game? ;-)
Fri 04/05/01 at 09:44
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
cool, cheers Ali, can't wait for next SR mag
Fri 04/05/01 at 09:43
Re: Clubby pages

It's like you read my mind. Expect something cool in the next mag.
Thu 03/05/01 at 23:28
Regular
Is the new one out yet?

Surely not? I've only just got one the other day!
Thu 03/05/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
One thing I am a little disappointed with is the reviews section at the vack, this was, i think, mentioned earlier but whereas we used to get proper reviews, in the latter mags, (Last Two) there have been more and more offers. And it won't matter how much you sell the game for, people won't waste a penny on a game they know nothing about.

Re-View the Reviews Section....

Game
Thu 03/05/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Maybe there could be an online version of the mag...

Not much use... but could make it easier to browse back issues...

Links could be made from Game Reviews to site purchases...

etc... that kinda thing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.