GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Terminal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/09/04 at 11:13
Regular
"not dead"
Do you think that perhaps we could all learn something from 'crazy foreigner' Viktor Navorski, who wants to know where he can find the Nike shoes?

Aren't foreigners funny? Let's hope he's not a terrorist, he is in an airport, after all!

"Life is waiting" what a rubbish tagline.
Fri 03/09/04 at 11:13
Regular
"not dead"
Do you think that perhaps we could all learn something from 'crazy foreigner' Viktor Navorski, who wants to know where he can find the Nike shoes?

Aren't foreigners funny? Let's hope he's not a terrorist, he is in an airport, after all!

"Life is waiting" what a rubbish tagline.
Fri 03/09/04 at 11:56
Regular
Apparently the last line is "take me home".

I dunno why but I wanna see it now.
Fri 03/09/04 at 12:04
Regular
"not dead"
It seems a little patronising to me. Everyone look at the crazy foreigner! Oh wow, aren't his ideals so different, isn't he amazing! Let's all touch the foreigner (who isn't a terrorist, really no).
Fri 03/09/04 at 12:23
Regular
It was based on a true story, I believe.

Naturally, without the love story to carry it.
Fri 03/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
That movies not meant to be that great I dont think. The US didn't really like it much.
Fri 03/09/04 at 12:52
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> It was based on a true story, I believe.
>
> Naturally, without the love story to carry it.

That's why I never liked Titanic - the romantic part to it just wasn't interesting.
Fri 03/09/04 at 13:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It looks like Forest Gump Goes to the Airport to me. I can just see Spielberg sitting down pointing at the screen shouting "har har, look at the funny foreigner, laugh at how he doesn't get our culture, silly simpleton".

From the trailer it looks as though it also features some evil Airport manager guy who doesn’t seem to like Gump, a security Guard who'll probably become his friend and a love interest who'll run after Forest at the end when the Evil Airport manager tries to get him deported and stop him before he leaves the country. They'll live happily ever after.

Predictable Spielberg cheese.
Fri 03/09/04 at 13:59
Regular
I think the film looked completely pants, to be honest. Not even direction by Spielberg could save what looks like utter tripe. And the cheese just oozes from the teaser:

"Don't you just feel sometimes like you're living in an airport?"

*sigh*
Fri 03/09/04 at 14:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My brother seen it last night, he said it was alright.
Fri 03/09/04 at 14:30
Regular
cipro wrote:
> It looks like Forest Gump Goes to the Airport to me. I can just
> see Spielberg sitting down pointing at the screen shouting "har
> har, look at the funny foreigner, laugh at how he doesn't get our
> culture, silly simpleton".

According to Empire it challenges this pre-conception and will hopefully go someway to changing it.

> Predictable Spielberg cheese.

It also add's that it further proves that Spielberg these days is one hell of an unpredicatable director.

so :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.