GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will ps2 and dolphin meet its demands?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/05/00 at 16:00
Regular
Various consoles in the past have had great hype but they have turned out to be nothing special, what made the ps and N64 stand out most is the fact that they lived up to the hype,where the dreamcast however, we were told that it was going to be the ultimate thing, that we all would want one and we were also made to understand that the games were going to be great.
But when it waas released, the only reason people brought them be bcause they expected this dream console something which would rise above the rest.
The same thinh happened with the sega satern, it had huge hype but no backbine.

The thing with these two consoles is that the atual consoles are very good, but there are no games to back up that fact.
There has been so much hype about the sega fishing game with its brillant rod.

Well I am so sory sega but the nation would rather have more goldeneye type games than sega bass fishing.
The thing that has made N64 and Ps such a sucess is that the games show the consoles is there truest light.
With games like goldeneye and misson impossible on the n64 and games lke tekken and fifa onn the playstation.
If sega want to sell more the awnser is they have make what the nation wants.

Now everyone isb talking about the ps2 and the dolphin,
Personaly I think that the Dolphin will live up to its hype and bring out games that are even more brillant than before.
Everyone knows that the ps sold more than the N64.
And this is my reason that I think that the ps2 will not live up to its hype.
So many copys of the ps were sold now nearly every house hold has got one.
Thus increaseing the number of people that can not wait for its sequal.
While the N64 did not sell anywhere as many copys, and this means that there are less people talking about it and less people spreading rumors about hw great it is.
Mon 22/05/00 at 16:00
Various consoles in the past have had great hype but they have turned out to be nothing special, what made the ps and N64 stand out most is the fact that they lived up to the hype,where the dreamcast however, we were told that it was going to be the ultimate thing, that we all would want one and we were also made to understand that the games were going to be great.
But when it waas released, the only reason people brought them be bcause they expected this dream console something which would rise above the rest.
The same thinh happened with the sega satern, it had huge hype but no backbine.

The thing with these two consoles is that the atual consoles are very good, but there are no games to back up that fact.
There has been so much hype about the sega fishing game with its brillant rod.

Well I am so sory sega but the nation would rather have more goldeneye type games than sega bass fishing.
The thing that has made N64 and Ps such a sucess is that the games show the consoles is there truest light.
With games like goldeneye and misson impossible on the n64 and games lke tekken and fifa onn the playstation.
If sega want to sell more the awnser is they have make what the nation wants.

Now everyone isb talking about the ps2 and the dolphin,
Personaly I think that the Dolphin will live up to its hype and bring out games that are even more brillant than before.
Everyone knows that the ps sold more than the N64.
And this is my reason that I think that the ps2 will not live up to its hype.
So many copys of the ps were sold now nearly every house hold has got one.
Thus increaseing the number of people that can not wait for its sequal.
While the N64 did not sell anywhere as many copys, and this means that there are less people talking about it and less people spreading rumors about hw great it is.
Mon 22/05/00 at 19:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Well luke I don't think that you could be more wrong, the dreamcast might not be the best machine ever but this is because you might have a PC or seen lots of PCs with huge power, (400mhz) and the dreamcast is a steping stone to show how the gaming industry is moving on from what used to be a nes with 8mb memory to a huge 128mb! and all this in the space of about 20 years. If you havn't played a dreamcast your making a huge mistake! the graphics and gameplay on the machine is excellent, and now there is a game for the INTERNET! this is the first console to use the internet, eventhough the game is not as good as it could be! who wants to guide some mice into a hole?
The games might not be all that good but this is because you have played your favorite game for years non-stop, e.g. goldeneye, Zelda or maybe gta, now you can't deny that these offer the best gameplay around and are very original compare to the flowing stream of platforms and beat m' ups around in some of the shops.
Now sega bass fishing, what can I say? I love it, it's an advanced version of the little portable fishing rods you can buy for around £5 in a small shop, it's brilliant, not as realistic as the real thing, when you sit on the lake's bank for ages until a fish gets hungry, instead it takes less than a minute to get a bite, but the graphics are excellent, and the tiny rod makes an incredible accrssory, it vibrates and gives you a good feel for the fish! This game is sort of like the tiny pond in zelda, but a game is dedicated to it and it's definatly more realistic!
The `next generation` consoles, ps2 and dolphin are the best thing to have existed in the console market! how can you say they won't live up to the hype? although the ps2 has met up with some real bad mishaps, and had to recall all it's products, this will not stop it being a good console, and eventhough the system has been made really difficult for game producers to make games for it, (it can not use it's full power because of it's bad designing!), but I'm sure that the dolphin will leave you gawping at the screen! when you load your brand new game up the graphics will be soooo advanced you won't believe. I can't understand why rare are making Perfect Dark on the N64 when they could get so much more out of the dolphin! I don't think that mission impossible was a good game, it was too easy to complete for what it was, and the graphics were nothing special compared to Zelda! I think that when a full list of the New Dolphin games comes out in a magazine with screenshots, you will think hard about what you have said about the dolphin and ps2, both of these are excellent consoles, and when they arrive you will be surprised with the awe they leave in their path!
Lastly I have to say that the only reason that the ps sold so many copies was because Nintendo did not get theri act together and they let theri console out far too late, compared to the ps, but I think that the N64 is a far better console than the ps would ever have been, (4 player, 64mb, much faster loading time) I mean it really is plug in and play with the N64, many people will agree, my point is that if the N64 had released before the playstation it would have sold far more consoles because it was half the price to start off with, and had many more great games! Mario64, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, whereas the playstation had, I don't know exactally what it started with, but it probably had crash bandicoot! doom,(although this game was good on the PC, it was a faliure on the ps. I think I will stop here saying that the `next generation` consoles will be very hard and expensive to beat, especially on a competitive market.

Thenkyou for reading, I hope this has changed your view Luke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.