GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oooh Hellraiser puzzle boxset."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 16:41
Regular
This is coming out sept 27th I think and looks pretty interesting. Its going to have four dics and the first 3 movies. Costing only £22.49 as well from play.com. I havent actually seen any of the movies, as I've been holding out for this boxset. So... will any one else be buying this and is it worth it???
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:41
Regular
This is coming out sept 27th I think and looks pretty interesting. Its going to have four dics and the first 3 movies. Costing only £22.49 as well from play.com. I havent actually seen any of the movies, as I've been holding out for this boxset. So... will any one else be buying this and is it worth it???
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
First - Great movie, but slightly spoiled by some terrible effects due to budget.

Second - Good fun. Some great quotes in it too, "I recommend AMPUTATION!" It's well over the top and quite campy though compaired to the first's almost muted feel.

Third - Dirge. Avoid like the plague.

Don't get me started on the rest of the franchise..................
Wed 01/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
so 2 reasonably good movies and one s**t one. Like so many other franchises. Hmm nice box and the price seems right. I might consider purchasing....
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
First one is the best with some great effects, especially the scene where a skellington grows out of the floor boards, only bettered by the scene in Hellbound where you're treated to seeing someone turn into a Cenobite (or, weird hell creature that enjoys torturing people). Third one was routine horror film that pished all over what happened in the first two, it does have a marginally good Nightclub massacre scene though.

For those interested, forget the DVD boxset, Play are selling a replica of the Puzzle Box for £60 [URL]http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=GADG&title=149665[/URL] doesn't say whether it opens a gateway to hell though, or whether you'll get to meet Pinhead before he subjects you an eternity of pain and misery.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:09
Regular
The first one at least must be good for something, it was amongsst the top 20 scary moments on that channel4 list thingy.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:39
Regular
Hellraiser's probably my favourite horror film, no matter how many times I see it I find it never gets boring. Good to see Anchor Bay have finally got the uncut prints on all 3 films passed by the BBFC so I'll most definetly be buying the boxset.

The 2nd film I also loved and the 3rd had its moments, some nice gore especially the night club scene though it kinda lost the sense of terror and depravity of the first 2 films.

If you haven't seen them though I highly recommend picking up the boxset. The first film's one of the most original Horror's out there, it managed to pile on the gore and also be quite intelligent at the same time.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:43
Regular
Swwwweeeeeettttttttt. Im sold :)
Fri 03/09/04 at 22:08
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
«Grëén ƒérð¢it¥» wrote:
> The first one at least must be good for something, it was amongsst the
> top 20 scary moments on that channel4 list thingy.

What scene was that? I dont remember any particularly scary bits, but i havent seen it in ages. The effects were sshockingly bad though, same with the cheesy one liners e.g. Go to hell!!!! O dear.
Fri 03/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
the bit where this mans on these hooks. Then he explodes. I think.
Sat 04/09/04 at 02:00
Regular
Cheesy one liners?

Pfffffffffft

"Jesus wept"

Now that's a f***ing line!

Hellraisers genius, sure some of the effects look a bit dated but the gore's all top fooking class even by todays standards. The fact that it's a British film makes it even better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.