GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 15:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Right, ive downloaded the latest codec pack from the microsoft website as well as numerous other codecs that ive found from google including xvid, but i still cant get a bunch of files to play (black screen no audio), is there a program out there that has loads of integrated codecs that i dont know about?
Wed 01/09/04 at 15:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Right, ive downloaded the latest codec pack from the microsoft website as well as numerous other codecs that ive found from google including xvid, but i still cant get a bunch of files to play (black screen no audio), is there a program out there that has loads of integrated codecs that i dont know about?
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:11
Regular
Try this.

[URL]http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm[/URL]
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
DivX
[URL]http://www.divx.com/[/URL]

The player on that will play most movie files that other players fail to play. Can also buy (or find a download) of DrDivX which lets you encode loads of movie types etc.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Damarus wrote:
> Try this.
>
> [URL]http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm[/URL]

Got it already im afraid, and i have DivX too, still no joy.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I thought it may be a fake, but it seems to check out ok with Gspot.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:28
Regular
If you've got a multi display thing going on, make sure you've set it up so that your monitor is the primary one. Some only show video output on the primary display.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nope, just the one display.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:32
Regular
I presume you've tried loads of different players?
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:44
Regular
"the burning sky"
I vaguely remember downloading something called Window Media Tools, lets you play most media files in WMP, i think thats the one anyway...
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What are you trying to play and what type of file is it?
Downloaded the codecs for DivX?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.