GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/09/04 at 15:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Right, ive downloaded the latest codec pack from the microsoft website as well as numerous other codecs that ive found from google including xvid, but i still cant get a bunch of files to play (black screen no audio), is there a program out there that has loads of integrated codecs that i dont know about?
Fri 03/09/04 at 22:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Turbonutter wrote:
> eMule forever.

I love the little donkey image they use. I suggested on their forums that they should make a plush toy of it, i got laughed at.
Fri 03/09/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
eMule forever.
Fri 03/09/04 at 17:06
Regular
Even better.

Use BitTorrent or IRC.

Message me on MSN if you want some info Cookie, because I think my membership would be in vain if I mentioned a few sites that allow you to retreive illegal stuff.
Fri 03/09/04 at 17:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> If i were you i would move away from p2p and go for the newsgroups
> using Grabit.
>
> Colin

Thanks for the tip, i'll give it a shot.

:)
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:59
Regular
If i were you i would move away from p2p and go for the newsgroups using Grabit.

Colin
Fri 03/09/04 at 14:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It was from kazaa yes, the other day i downloaded what i thought was riddick, only to be presented with the theatrical trailer at a ridiculously high bitrate.
Fri 03/09/04 at 09:46
Regular
That happened to me once. Took ages to download what I thought was a 'full movie', only to find it was a black screen and the soundtrack to something completely different to what it was meant to be.

I no longer use Kazaa either. I mainly use Limewire and BitTorrent.

How good is Shareaza these days? I had problems with it last time I used it.
Fri 03/09/04 at 08:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Blank file I am affraid to say. Look at the bitrate at only 14Kb/s as well as no audio. I bet its a file downloaded off p2p that was labelled as a new movie out in the cinema or something? Because in my time I have had 2 that are like this. Best thing to do is get yourself off Kazaa and other crap like that as they are just full of fake files. I actually use to love Kazaa and be on there all the time, but its been over 2 years since I last used it.
Wed 01/09/04 at 23:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
adrian wrote:
> Just re-read you post and you have a few files that dont play, so do
> the actual files play? As in can move forward in time etc?

They do play, as in you can open them up in WMP and move the slider to various times, but the screen remains blank with no audio.

> Also what does Gspot report back with?

[URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/morgoth/gspot.jpg[/URL]
Wed 01/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
AVI Preview allows viewing of damaged video files. Could try that.
If thats already been mentioned Sorry, I have not read the whole thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.