GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recording from TV (or PS2) to PC?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I have a friend who wants to make movies of some in game footage from his PS2.
Anyone know what hardware and software would be needed to allow him to record the movies onto his PC?

I've no idea about any of this so if anyone knows how to do it I'd really appreciate your knowledge. :-)
Wed 01/09/04 at 13:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Well more accurately, you want a VIVO model. All In Wonders are
> generally not very good.

Well if you get a 9800SE softmod its a cracker.
Wed 01/09/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well more accurately, you want a VIVO model. All In Wonders are generally not very good.
Tue 31/08/04 at 16:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Or if your mate is also looking to upgrade his graphics card, just get an All in wonder model.
Tue 31/08/04 at 14:34
I've got one of these ( [URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG1089_rgb_super_av_scart.html[/URL] ) Connecting my PS2 to my TV.

Then from that connection in the centre, a wire that connects from that (dont know what the wires called but it is red, white and yellow on both ends :D) to a PCTV card in my PC...
( I use this one : - [URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG2586_gcv__pinnacle__pct.html[/URL]

This allows me to play my PS2 through my TV and also then record via my PC at the same time. You'll get software that will allow you to do this with your PCTV card. Once you capture the video, you can use Windows Movie Maker or some other jazzy piece of kit to edit the movie etc.
Tue 31/08/04 at 13:41
Regular
Lies, you just want to taunt me with vids of SD vs RAW.

DONT YOU?!
Tue 31/08/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I have a friend who wants to make movies of some in game footage from his PS2.
Anyone know what hardware and software would be needed to allow him to record the movies onto his PC?

I've no idea about any of this so if anyone knows how to do it I'd really appreciate your knowledge. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.