GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD rewriter problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 03:48
Regular
I've just copied a file onto a DVD-RW. No problems.

I'm using Nero by the way, but then I close the program and go check the dvd. I come back, and now nero will not open.

Any ideas why? It just says an error has occured.

I'm currently running ad aware and [URL] http://housecall.antivirus.com/ [/URL].

Any help would be great.

Edit: I'm running Spybot aswell.
2nd edit: I've also downlaoded the latest drivers.
Tue 31/08/04 at 06:25
Regular
I bloody hate that error message. Really drives me crazy as it doesn't even give you the slightest hint as to why it's happening.

Oh well, at least you got it sorted in the end :)
Tue 31/08/04 at 04:32
Regular
Strange.

Virus scanner finished, I restarted PC and now it works.

No virus were found, strange.
Tue 31/08/04 at 04:09
Regular
I can't try another disc though.

I go to start>programs>nero>nero oem>nero burning rom se and then the error happens as the program loads.
Tue 31/08/04 at 04:08
"I love yo... lamp."
I'd try another disc, just to eliminate as much as possible from the equation. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why it would be happening.
Tue 31/08/04 at 04:04
Regular
I burned a file to a dvd-rw disk.

Closed nero, put the disk in my ddv player to check it.

Come back and nero doesnt work, uninstall, restart pc, install all again, restart pc, doesn't work so download new driver update, install update, restart pc, nero doesnt work.

Then came here.
Tue 31/08/04 at 04:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Is it all discs or just that one?
Tue 31/08/04 at 03:58
Regular
I tried that after it didn't work after rebooting.

Still got the problem.
Tue 31/08/04 at 03:56
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not sure why that would happen. Unless google turns up a page where it talks about a conflict, I'd just re-install Nero.
Tue 31/08/04 at 03:54
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What sort of error?
>
> Does this always happen, or have you not tried a reboot yet?

Here's the message:

nero.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvinence.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have cretaed an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and annoymous.

To see what data this error report contains, clcik here.

---------------

I did reboot after getting the latest drivers but nope, doesn't work.
Tue 31/08/04 at 03:50
"I love yo... lamp."
What sort of error?

Does this always happen, or have you not tried a reboot yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.