GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I ended up withe rig I REALLY wanted in the end..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
Athlon 64 FX53 with 2GB Corsair 3200 XMS3200 PRO. The Prescott Pentium 4 is utter crap when it comes to 3D applications, heats to stupid amounts (even with intense cooling) dropping the performance down the equivalent of an Athlon 64 2500 around £150 cheaper. Worked very well for the first 20-30 minutes however after that frame rates would be massively hit due to Intel technology automatically dropping the CPU speed. On eBay at the moment so I have gone ahead and orded the above with the ABIT AS8 Motherboard. Still have the X800 XT Platinum Edition with 2 x Western Digital SATA 10,000 RPM Hard Drives. Got the best processor and RAM available to go with the hardware, finally.

The lesson learnt for this... only buy AMD platforms for gaming. The FX53 is what I really wanted originally but a massive £590 has set me back slightly even with the other hardware on eBay. A massive lesson learnt from my point of view though and my original fears of the Intel Prescott platform confirmed.

Just like John Prescott, when it gets hot the fat b*stard stops working ;)
Tue 31/08/04 at 10:07
Regular
*snigger*
*snort*

etc..
Tue 31/08/04 at 07:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
This is true, the Prescotts have maaassive pipelines, they're a bit of a joke in the geek world.
Tue 31/08/04 at 00:29
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
The irony:

A good old fashioned P3 clock for clock could take out any super hybrid prescott or Northwood...

Im still an intel fanboy though
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Selected"
This is how world war II started
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So why don't they just make a huge one and use it to power the world? EH?
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You do know, those things put out more heat per unit area than the surface of the sun.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Damn, what a processor. I could get one, i just dont wanna...
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:33
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Just like John Prescott, when it gets hot the fat b*stard stops
> working ;)

Open the left hand side of the case, stick a household fan in there, turn it on top speed, hey presto, no more Prescott effect, no more X800.
Mon 30/08/04 at 22:13
Regular
You've got too much money to waste.

Wanna buy me an X800? :P
Mon 30/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
Athlon 64 FX53 with 2GB Corsair 3200 XMS3200 PRO. The Prescott Pentium 4 is utter crap when it comes to 3D applications, heats to stupid amounts (even with intense cooling) dropping the performance down the equivalent of an Athlon 64 2500 around £150 cheaper. Worked very well for the first 20-30 minutes however after that frame rates would be massively hit due to Intel technology automatically dropping the CPU speed. On eBay at the moment so I have gone ahead and orded the above with the ABIT AS8 Motherboard. Still have the X800 XT Platinum Edition with 2 x Western Digital SATA 10,000 RPM Hard Drives. Got the best processor and RAM available to go with the hardware, finally.

The lesson learnt for this... only buy AMD platforms for gaming. The FX53 is what I really wanted originally but a massive £590 has set me back slightly even with the other hardware on eBay. A massive lesson learnt from my point of view though and my original fears of the Intel Prescott platform confirmed.

Just like John Prescott, when it gets hot the fat b*stard stops working ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.