GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"bobby robson. was it right?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 19:23
Regular
"im new here hi!!"
was newcastle right to sack sir bobby robson? im a villa fan and happy with saturdays result but was the decision to sack him just?
Tue 31/08/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Bad decision. Look at what Sir Bobby Robson has done for the club. Weren't they once fighting for relegation?

I think they should now make Sam Allydice as manager as I think he'd do a great job at Newcastle. Look how he's transformed Bolton who were once favourites for the drop.

Just hoping Robson becomes the new England manager.

Beckham is back to his old self again, so I wouldn't drop him.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:23
Regular
I dont think it was the right thing to do. I feel the board is mostly to blame for what has happened in the past few weeks and not Sir Bobby. First they announce to the public that he isnt going to be the manager after this season, this then leads to some players losing respect for the manger because they know he is not going to be there next season. Then they sell one his best signings (Jonathan Woodgate) and dont spend any of that money on a replacement. They made his job more difficult than it is and they expect him to achieve success which is mission impossible.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:23
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> And yes, I'm sure leaving Shearer out was a major factor in him
> getting the boot.

You are very VERY misguided.

Leave now.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I am saying for England. You can't deny he has been quite poor recently.

And yes, I'm sure leaving Shearer out was a major factor in him getting the boot.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:04
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Wright Phillips over Beckham any day.

Beckham actually played very well for Madrid the other night. Worked hard, made every ball his and set up Owen for what should have been a debut goal.
Mon 30/08/04 at 23:01
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Robson rebelled against this and left Shearer out of the team, and
> look what happened to him.

So you're suggesting he was sacked SOLELY because he left Shearer out of the team?

Oh dear........
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I think Solskjaer introduce us to this disease: Bigplayeritis.

Robson rebelled against this and left Shearer out of the team, and look what happened to him. His replacement Kluivert played very well and it was because of c**k ups they lost. Not because they left Shearer out.

Well played, Bobby I say, hopefully it will encourage Sven to leave out Owen and Beckham, especially when they aren't playing well.

Wright Phillips over Beckham any day.
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:40
Regular
"??????"
Newcastle apparently were not the ones who made the decision. The association itself are the ones in control, I believe.

No, the decision was completely wrong. They should only have fired him form that job if they were going to make him England's Manager and get rid of Sven, before making Alan Shearer the Manager of Newcastle United.
Mon 30/08/04 at 19:23
Regular
"im new here hi!!"
was newcastle right to sack sir bobby robson? im a villa fan and happy with saturdays result but was the decision to sack him just?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.