GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Help - Viruses And Adware"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/08/04 at 15:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Hey guys and gals, my computer is swarming with viruses and so on and I REALLY need to get rid of it all. Just last week I got the MSBlast virus AGAIN. I am trying to get rid of it but all the antivirus software is expensive and I'm as cheap as chips so I want a free program! I've tried Spybot Search And Destroy but that doesn't seem to work on my computer. I downloaded it twice but even after leaving it running for 4 hours once it just scanned half way then stopped and wouldn't delete any. Grrr!!!

Any of you know any programs to help? A link would be great too. Thanks in advance :D
Mon 30/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
One you get rid of the worm you'll want to run adaware, spybot search and destroy and download and run AVG. (Someone gave links below)

If you can't get them to run and download then try this - [URL]http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/[/URL] its a free online virus checker - No need to download anything.
Mon 30/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
Aldi sell Anti-Virus software for a FIVER.
Mon 30/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
Cub!st wrote:
> Buh nothing works, it either stops scanning, my computer shutsdown
> half way through running it or I have to pay for it. I need some
> other programs guys :S

That's because of Msblast. Download the virus killer from another computer and copy it to disk/CD; as soon as it boots up, run the killer. Then you can progress, hopefully.
Mon 30/08/04 at 16:40
Regular
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there McAffee (sp?) Antivirus available for free from SR?
Mon 30/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Buh nothing works, it either stops scanning, my computer shutsdown half way through running it or I have to pay for it. I need some other programs guys :S
Mon 30/08/04 at 16:26
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Use nortons free online scanner.
>
> Running a computer is like having sex, you shouldnt skimp on
> protection.

Tsk, I made a joke like that on firewalls.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:50
"I love yo... lamp."
AVG for viruses. [URL]http://www.grisoft.com[/URL]
Ad-Aware for adware. [URL]http://www.lavasoft.de[/URL]
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Use nortons free online scanner.

Running a computer is like having sex, you shouldnt skimp on protection.
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:36
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Ad-aware? Bazooka? Spyware Blaster? Spyware Guard?
Mon 30/08/04 at 15:34
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Hey guys and gals, my computer is swarming with viruses and so on and I REALLY need to get rid of it all. Just last week I got the MSBlast virus AGAIN. I am trying to get rid of it but all the antivirus software is expensive and I'm as cheap as chips so I want a free program! I've tried Spybot Search And Destroy but that doesn't seem to work on my computer. I downloaded it twice but even after leaving it running for 4 hours once it just scanned half way then stopped and wouldn't delete any. Grrr!!!

Any of you know any programs to help? A link would be great too. Thanks in advance :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.