GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend some good foreign movies to me."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/08/04 at 18:10
Regular
I already have:
Battle royale
hard boiled
shogun assassin
das experiment
no mans land
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:40
Regular
The legend is a cool film, might have to invest in some others soonish.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:26
Regular
Pretty much any Jet Li film is good, unless you don't like Martial Arts films.
Otherwise, they're not really.
Armour Of God is a good Chan film too.
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Light wrote:
> Man Bites Dog
> Be warned; the latter two are WELL harsh.

I'm somewhat at a loss as to why.
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Delicattesson
City of Lost Children
Man Bites Dog
Funny Games

Be warned; the latter two are WELL harsh.
Wed 01/09/04 at 05:43
Regular
Bejam wrote:

>
> Jackie Chan movies:
> Operation Condor

That's the one with the giant inflatable ball he rolls down the mountain in right?

That film is great, shame I've only seen the crummy dubbed version.
Wed 01/09/04 at 05:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Amelie
Belle-ville Redezvous
Ring (Or The Ring, i'm not sure)
Run Lola Run
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
City Of God.
Brazilian. Superb.
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
Thanks alot bejam. Im ok for a while with foregign movies, 'cos today I bought the beat takeshi trilogy. Looking forward to watching those soon. It was a total bargain at 15 quid for violent cop, boiling point and sonatine.
Tue 31/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Oldboy is a pretty darn good film. [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=108022&forumid=301[/URL]
Ju-On: The Grudge is a fairly creepy Japanese horror film, Natural City is a style-over-substance Korean sci-fi movie which totally rips off Blade Runner, Battlefield Baseball is a mad Japanese comedy spoof thing (but it's probably a bit too mad), Brotherhood of the Wolf is a French period drama...with martial arts and a big frickin' monster in it.
Tiger on the Beat is fairly good (a Chow Yun-Fat action cop movie with cool shotgun gunplay and a chainsaw fight) and Versus is a great action horror film with huge amounts of style, gunplay and zombies.

Jackie Chan movies: Armour of God, Crime Story, Dragon Lord, Operation Condor, Police Story 1, 2 & 3, Project A 1 & 2 and The Young Master are all great stuff.

Bruce Lee stuff (The Big Boss, Enter the Dragon, Fist of Fury, Way of the Dragon.)

John Woo films: Hard Boiled, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow and Bullet in the Head (I've not seen it but it's meant to be very good).

Some other foreign films I've bought recently but haven't watched yet (but they must be good as I bought them): Hero (Director's Cut), The Eye, Dark Water, Shiri, Infernal Affairs, Azumi and Shaolin Soccer).

Some great anime movies: Akira, The Castle of Cagliostro, Castle in the Sky, Cowboy Bebop The Movie, Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2, Grave of the Fireflies, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Metropolis, My Neighbor Totoro, Patlabor 1, 2 & 3 , Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Tokyo Godfathers, Wings of Honneamise, Wonderful Days.

Hope that's enough :D
Sun 29/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
Y tu mama tambien.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.