GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cleaning out the loft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've spent the day thus far cleaning out my loft which for the most part has been exhausting is there was about 7 tonnes of pure junk there.

It was a little video game nostalgia trip for me too as I found an Amstrad, Commadore 64, Spectrum ZX, Megadrive II and Playstation 1, ooh and broken garden furnature.

The oddest find has to be someone elses stamp collection, a man called Stanley Gibbon's, who presumably lived here once, took it upon himself to hide his stamp collection in the space between the loft and the second floor ceiling - but I got it! To eBay we go...

I've also found manuals for Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe InDesign an a bunch of other Adobe products - anyone want them?

Oh and does an employer legally have to pay you more for working a bank holiday or not? I've been asked to work Monday, see, but I dont know if its financially worth it. £4.50 an hour versus sitting on my ass at home is a no-contest really on a bank holiday.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've spent the day thus far cleaning out my loft which for the most part has been exhausting is there was about 7 tonnes of pure junk there.

It was a little video game nostalgia trip for me too as I found an Amstrad, Commadore 64, Spectrum ZX, Megadrive II and Playstation 1, ooh and broken garden furnature.

The oddest find has to be someone elses stamp collection, a man called Stanley Gibbon's, who presumably lived here once, took it upon himself to hide his stamp collection in the space between the loft and the second floor ceiling - but I got it! To eBay we go...

I've also found manuals for Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe InDesign an a bunch of other Adobe products - anyone want them?

Oh and does an employer legally have to pay you more for working a bank holiday or not? I've been asked to work Monday, see, but I dont know if its financially worth it. £4.50 an hour versus sitting on my ass at home is a no-contest really on a bank holiday.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:23
Regular
Can I have to manuals for PhotoShop and InDesign please.

Yep, go for the money, unless you have something good planned for the day.
Regular
You should get double-pay, or at least time and a half for working BH.
Regular
At my place they give you an extra holiday day when you work bank holidays.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
Oh, what games/apps did you have with your ZX? I might consider buying it.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've no idea what was with the ZX, I think it's gone into "the pile" in my driveway to be collected by the skip. I'm not sure if there was anything with it to be honest.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Can I have to manuals for PhotoShop and InDesign please.

Yeah of course - they're quite heavy though so I'll have to ask you to pay for P&P if thats ok.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Selected"
I went into my loft today. Saw Platoon for the C64. Laughed. Then came back down. Covered in dust. The. End.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:36
Regular
No probs. £5 OK?
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
I knew you would end up trying to get rid of something before reading this thing, its like... your trademark.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.