GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reality TV, GOOD or BAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/08/04 at 14:06
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
There has been in the News quite recently of people slating and critising reality television. I have to agree with them, there are too many shows like "Big Brother" which are creating second-rate insignificant stars, and yet reality television shows like Big Brother are watched by everyone, and fills pages upon pages in tabloids. When I ask people about "why they watch these shows?" the reply is almost, "coz their good." However, whenever I try to watch these shows, I find myself sitting indoors watching tele, watching other people sitting indoors doing nothing themselves. What I want to know is why television companies cant remake decent shows, or produce decent television show like the A-Team, or Dukes of Hazzards, to replace reality shows, or have the heads of TV companies do not have any imagination, and just think "lets create another useless reality show"
Sat 28/08/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Reality TV sux!!! it is just cheap easy television that the networks can churn out 'cause tv watching retards will eat up as much as they can.
Sat 28/08/04 at 17:14
"Was UW."
Reality TV just proves how stupid you are, just watching some people doing things...sucking away precious time in your life. Only decent thing that came out of Reality TV was this DJ thing on ITV2. It showed geniune, talented people trying to break into the very difficult, messed up music industry...with no Pop Idol wannabes involved.

UW.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
bad.
fact.
Sat 28/08/04 at 15:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I never really understand why they are called Reality TV shows, when they are the furthest thing away from what normal people would consider real. "I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here"!!! Yeah, cause it was only yesterday I was sitting on a tropical island somewhere being given monotonous tasks to attempt to advance my non existent TV career.

Boring, bland and incredibly dull, I feel sorry for those people who find themselves glued to the TV whenever Big Brother is "oh, but some are gay and some hate gays, that's why it's good" Great, TV that revels in the fact that people can be incredibly nasty to each other, what amazing standards they're setting.

I suppose I should be thankful though, without reality TV I wouldn't have decided to stop watching crap TV shows just because I didn't have anything else to do. Now I spend more time away from the TV than I have in my entire life, and I feel liberated by the fact that I'm not consumed by moronic shows that feed of peoples hopes and dreams, before ridiculing them for TV ratings.
Sat 28/08/04 at 14:06
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
There has been in the News quite recently of people slating and critising reality television. I have to agree with them, there are too many shows like "Big Brother" which are creating second-rate insignificant stars, and yet reality television shows like Big Brother are watched by everyone, and fills pages upon pages in tabloids. When I ask people about "why they watch these shows?" the reply is almost, "coz their good." However, whenever I try to watch these shows, I find myself sitting indoors watching tele, watching other people sitting indoors doing nothing themselves. What I want to know is why television companies cant remake decent shows, or produce decent television show like the A-Team, or Dukes of Hazzards, to replace reality shows, or have the heads of TV companies do not have any imagination, and just think "lets create another useless reality show"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.