GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RUMOUR: Nintendo 21"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/01/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
New rumour that is apparently from a legit source.

The new Nintendo system A.K.A Revolution will apparently be known as Nintendo 21
It will feature a Gamecube style controller, with a touch pad in the C-Stick area (which is now missing)
It will have 'Rub' control on both the controller and buttons, the controller itself will be pressure sensitive as well.

Worth noting is the connection to other systems not by Internet!

Anyway the following is a translation of what the Japanese guy translated to English. Also, take a look at the diagram which the person sribbled down after looking at both the New system and the logo!

Name of machine is "Nintendo 21"
- planned for release at end of 2005
- medium is 2-sided 8cm disc, 5.4GB capacity, in a shellcase
- includes "Home Game function" which uses IEEE protocol to locate and communicate with other Nintendo 21s in the vicinity
- "Home Game function" is free, connect the AC adaptor and the machine talks to nearby Nintendo 21s and "Nintendo Home"s (? could be Form instead of Home - katakana is vague). Save data is stored on the main unit and affects other machines over the network.
- "Nintendo Home" machine is like a base station that will be put in many places and uses the PHS network for communication (popular mobile phone network). Will connect to handheld game machines and supports "Home Game function", also sends latest info from Nintendo.
- "Nintendo Home" is being jointly developed with Kyosera.
- controller is like GC controller but "rubbing" is possible - e.g. you can control movement in a game by rubbing the controller/buttons. Also the controller has a slot.
- The whole controller is pressure sensitive. So rubbing can be done with the buttons or via grip.
- Digital outputs included

Scan of the scribbled down image of the console from the leaker: [URL]http://data.uploda.net/anonymous/et...pload115602.jpg[/URL]

So then......Nintendo 21. A reference to Nintendo being in the gaming business 21 years?

***UPDATE*** The above image has now been taken down!!!

I have included a link here i found which someone else has hosted:
[URL]http://img194.exs.cx/img194/8945/upload1156027pt.jpg[/URL]

If link does not work, try copying and pasting this into your browser:
http://img194.exs.cx/img194/8945/upload1156027pt.jpg

Hurry though as this will probably be took down as well.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
New rumour that is apparently from a legit source.

The new Nintendo system A.K.A Revolution will apparently be known as Nintendo 21
It will feature a Gamecube style controller, with a touch pad in the C-Stick area (which is now missing)
It will have 'Rub' control on both the controller and buttons, the controller itself will be pressure sensitive as well.

Worth noting is the connection to other systems not by Internet!

Anyway the following is a translation of what the Japanese guy translated to English. Also, take a look at the diagram which the person sribbled down after looking at both the New system and the logo!

Name of machine is "Nintendo 21"
- planned for release at end of 2005
- medium is 2-sided 8cm disc, 5.4GB capacity, in a shellcase
- includes "Home Game function" which uses IEEE protocol to locate and communicate with other Nintendo 21s in the vicinity
- "Home Game function" is free, connect the AC adaptor and the machine talks to nearby Nintendo 21s and "Nintendo Home"s (? could be Form instead of Home - katakana is vague). Save data is stored on the main unit and affects other machines over the network.
- "Nintendo Home" machine is like a base station that will be put in many places and uses the PHS network for communication (popular mobile phone network). Will connect to handheld game machines and supports "Home Game function", also sends latest info from Nintendo.
- "Nintendo Home" is being jointly developed with Kyosera.
- controller is like GC controller but "rubbing" is possible - e.g. you can control movement in a game by rubbing the controller/buttons. Also the controller has a slot.
- The whole controller is pressure sensitive. So rubbing can be done with the buttons or via grip.
- Digital outputs included

Scan of the scribbled down image of the console from the leaker: [URL]http://data.uploda.net/anonymous/et...pload115602.jpg[/URL]

So then......Nintendo 21. A reference to Nintendo being in the gaming business 21 years?

***UPDATE*** The above image has now been taken down!!!

I have included a link here i found which someone else has hosted:
[URL]http://img194.exs.cx/img194/8945/upload1156027pt.jpg[/URL]

If link does not work, try copying and pasting this into your browser:
http://img194.exs.cx/img194/8945/upload1156027pt.jpg

Hurry though as this will probably be took down as well.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:50
Regular
You don't seriously believe this tripe do you?

It's just another story made up by net nerds, for what purpose I can only imagine.

I remeber a while back quite a convincing rumour was announced saying Nintendo had formed a new studio compiling all of the big names in the games design business.

It's all just geeks with too much time on their hands.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:57
Regular
"and PC user"
What or how much can you do with this system? How much data are Ninty going to send you? Its only got a 5.4Gb capacity disc. Meanwhile, in the real world, Sony and others are getting ready HD DVD systems which can hold upto 30Gb per disc.
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Yeah, but some of it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's very Nintendo, i.e going with a free Internet type service.

It's also translated from this Japanese source:

[URL]http://p2.chbox.jp/read.php?url=htt.../1106658928/l50[/URL]
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:59
*chuckles*

So it starts...
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Macintosh wrote:
> What or how much can you do with this system? How much data are Ninty
> going to send you? Its only got a 5.4Gb capacity disc. Meanwhile, in
> the real world, Sony and others are getting ready HD DVD systems
> which can hold upto 30Gb per disc.

Sony are using Blu-Ray, which will hold more information than HD-DVD.

This new Nintendo could possibly download extra content(going by this artcle's reports on Radio/Mobile/Sattellite linking, therefore making ROM size irrelevant.
But it was also rumoured that they will go with HD-DVD's.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:08
Regular
"and PC user"
Gollum wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> What or how much can you do with this system? How much data are
> Ninty
> going to send you? Its only got a 5.4Gb capacity disc. Meanwhile, in
> the real world, Sony and others are getting ready HD DVD systems
> which can hold upto 30Gb per disc.
>
>
> Sony are using Blu-Ray, which will hold more information than
> HD-DVD.
>
> This new Nintendo could possibly download extra content(going by this
> artcle's reports on Radio/Mobile/Sattellite linking, therefore making
> ROM size irrelevant.
> But it was also rumoured that they will go with HD-DVD's.

I know, there are 2 HD disc formats. Sony Blue Ray which holds about 27Gb per side, and the offical HD-DVD disc's which hold slightly less. But re the translated text, the next Nintendo console wont use those systems - but instead will feature a custom 5.4Gb "caddy" disc system. So still no DVD playback, and certainly no next gen, high capacity DVD system.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:11
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> Gollum wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:

> I know, there are 2 HD disc formats. Sony Blue Ray which holds about
> 27Gb per side, and the offical HD-DVD disc's which hold slightly
> less.

Slightly? I thought the Blue-Ray disc held 30GB and the HD-DVDs 4GB.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:14
Regular
"and PC user"
Ashley_90 on the PC wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Gollum wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
>
> I know, there are 2 HD disc formats. Sony Blue Ray which holds about
> 27Gb per side, and the offical HD-DVD disc's which hold slightly
> less.
>
> Slightly? I thought the Blue-Ray disc held 30GB and the HD-DVDs 4GB.

No, no, no. I think HD-DVD is around the 22-25Gb per side.

Even the existing DVD pre-recorded format holds upto 4.25Gb on a single sided disc, and without using "dual layer mode" Using dual layer just means they can get double the capacity from the same side. So a dual layer, single sided, pre-recorded disc holds 8.5Gb.

.....so if the translated text is right, PS2 will be able to hold larger games on a single sided, dual layer standard DVD than the next Nintendo home console can cope with.
Wed 26/01/05 at 16:20
Regular
The translated text is actually a load of crap made up by net nerds to start rumours going.

It's bullshoite.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.