GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eeek - The Dreaded Water Cooling..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 17:03
Regular
New to the Water Cooling scene but should have this...

[URL]http://www.vapochill.com/main/page.asp?sideid=438[/URL]

With me tomorrow morning. The main idea of this topic was to see if anoyne else has gone with a full blown Water Cooling system?! A bit bothered about getting a kink in the tubing and also if the f**ker bursts I will be seriously screwed in the ass. Can't seem to keep still though and I get bored if I aren't doing something new all the tim. I just hope it isn't a very expensive mistake...

Any tips for better flow for those of you have them?
Sat 28/08/04 at 22:35
Regular
It is possible, but it was too much of a tight fit for the tubes to flow properly.
Sat 28/08/04 at 22:25
Regular
Yeh i was thinking about getting just a shuttle shell and putting the pump, res and rad in there then cutting a whole in the rear of my shuttle take out the ice then viola, all is done.

Colin
Sat 28/08/04 at 15:05
Regular
I've watercooled a shuttle. It didn't exactly fit so the pump had to go outside.
Sat 28/08/04 at 13:16
Regular
I have put water cooling kits in both a athlon and a p4 and thought it was far better than any type of air cooling, Never had any leak problems either, even thinking about water cooling my little shuttle, The only thing i would say is to use some sort of antfreeze to stop corrosion inside unit, also make sure you get ll bubbles out of system, oh and build the kit into the case and run it for a while before putting any componants in it.

Colin
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:43
Regular
After destroying the mobo (I tried to install a silent heatsink to the onboard chipset, but got a little... stuck with the old one), I decided it all wasn't worth the hassle. So I sold off all the working parts, including the watercooling stuff, and got myself a laptop. Far more carefree.
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:27
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Hmmm, watercooling. Sounds familiar.

LOl!!

Icky Im sure it does... what happened to that machine anyway?
Fri 27/08/04 at 19:08
Regular
Hmmm, watercooling. Sounds familiar.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Damarus wrote:
> I don't see the point in water cooling myself (unless you 've got an
> glass panel case with all the fancy lighting inside, which you may
> have) because you can buy a good £30 - £40 fan that'll
> keep things just as cool and in some cases quieter.

It's not all about getting things quiet though. The only way to get close to the temperatures you get from water cooling would be to use a hefty thermalright heatsink and a high cfm fan like a vantec tornado. And those things are called tornado for a reason.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nice one, the only thing you can do to avoid kinking is to either use tygon tubing (though i dont know if you can because your kit has push on fittings) or just make sure that your loops arent too tight. Failing that a few jubilee clips from B&Q will help to reinforce the tubing shape.

It will probably say in the instructions that you should leak test first but it's worth repeating again.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:52
Regular
I don't see the point in water cooling myself (unless you 've got an glass panel case with all the fancy lighting inside, which you may have) because you can buy a good £30 - £40 fan that'll keep things just as cool and in some cases quieter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.