GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone know (Physics question)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/08/04 at 23:06
Regular
..how to reverse the charge of electrons?

It's puzzling me.
Fri 27/08/04 at 01:51
Regular
I think Dr Who did it with some kind of sonic fork
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:23
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

>
> I'd either be a Ghostbuster or a Thunderbird.

Hopefully not the Aryan-like ones found in the film.
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:15
Regular
Everything is so much fun until someone starts forcing rules down your throat.

The Ghostbusters could solve all my problems, and if I could give them a call, hell, I would.

I'd either be a Ghostbuster or a Thunderbird.
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:09
Regular
Yeah, I think that sometimes. But then I remember all that horrid, horrid homework that didn't bare any resemblance to the stuff we were taught in the lectures.
Fri 27/08/04 at 00:05
Regular
meh meh and meh.

despite hating it at the time, I look back at my physics lessons and wish I'd learnt more.

But everything is better in retrospect.

Except beer.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just reverse the polarity. It worked for the Ghostbusters. Every week.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:27
Regular
Bizzare plan, I'm moving off electrons for the moment anyway (the opposite of an electron is a positron, but they just obliterate each other so it's pointless), now thinking about gravitons.

Newton was a jerk, I hate him. He just wanted to romantise this bloody apple to make his idea sound better than what it actually is.

"There's a force pulling us towards the Earth"

Wow, genius, congrats. Want to explore that? Or just randomly make up a lot of nonsense just so you can get your name into the books with a load of STUPID words that don't represent anything worthwhile.

I HATE him.

Gravitons probably don't even exist. And even if they DO, and even if they ARE the anti-particle of themselves (which surely makes them almost impossible to prove) then how could gravity exist in lower or higher forces... I swear it makes no sense. It's like midi-chlorines all over again.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
I don't think you can. An electron is a bare fundamental - if you wanted to reverse the charge of an element, then you'd either add or take away electrons - but the electrons themselves always carry a -ve charge.

I think that's right. It's been a while since I opened up a physics book.

What's in aid of; are you studying up on a course, or drumming up some sort of bizarre plan to change the world forever!?!?!?
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:19
Regular
Funny? Yes.

Helpful? No.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dial R-E-V-E-R-S-E, I think that's the new way to reverse the charges.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.