GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Census!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 22:47
Regular
Every ten years a census is taken all over the country, designed with questions to give the government vital information on factors that they need to change or improve on for the FUTURE.

So why not have a gaming census? It seems sensible enough. It would could be based roughly on the proper census. With questions designed to help the FUTURE of gaming by letting the gamers decide on what should be done in the future and to give the developers information on us and what games we play and want more of.

It would be of benefit both ways – for the gamers an improved FUTURE and the developers to make their company better and of course to create a larger profit.

It may look something like this…..

--------------- GAMING CENSUS 2001 ---------------

Question 1. Where do you live?

A. A house
B. Another planet
C. Why do you want to ask? I though this was a gaming census
D. Other (please state)

Question 2. How old are you?

A. 0-5
B. Between 6 –60
C. Old guy who should be wetting himself instead of playing games
D. Other (please state)

Question 3. Favourite company?

A. Sony
B. Sega
C. Nintendo
D. Embarrassed to say

Question 4. What would you like to see added to future consoles?

A. Weather report
B. Console/Microwave
C. Distillery
D. Nothing just make it powerful and don’t increase cost with pointless features

Well of course it would be more serious than this :D. You get the idea it is just an improved version of the questionnaires you get that end up in the bin. If it is advertised for a better FUTURE and is stocked in fine shops (cough SR cough) then it may be a hit with the gamer. You could even make gamers fill it in or give them a £5000 fine.
Sun 06/05/01 at 23:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
ssxpro wrote:
> I`ve been on the discussions, but only at night usually. From about
> 18:30 onwards most days.

Anyway, how`s things with you?

I was drunk at that time :)
Fri 04/05/01 at 22:13
Regular
I`ve been on the discussions, but only at night usually. From about 18:30 onwards most days.

Anyway, how`s things with you?
Fri 04/05/01 at 21:15
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
ssxpro wrote:
> Maybe he meant PinkPig.

Alright ssxpro, where you been aven't seen you in a couple of days!
Fri 04/05/01 at 20:09
Regular
Maybe he meant PinkPig.
Fri 04/05/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Tony
DON'T CALL ME BABE

the last time someone said that phrase it must have been Pammy Anderson before she shot someone.

Tony as much as you love me for the tagline idea I'm not the kind of person who wants to be called babe.. :) Call me emperor by all means but not babe :)
Fri 04/05/01 at 20:04
Regular
Will html be allowed now? If you reserved the right to edit and everything (in case someone left tags open, or put too many pics in) you could allow some good stuff.

There could be limits on what you allow. Instead of just allowing html, you could sat "conditions for using html" - Say one pic only, no text above a certain size, etc...
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:07
Reviews have changed systems and recent customer reviews need to be imported from the old database. Don't worry, your reviews are still intact but ask webby if you really need to know an exact time.
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:06
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Tony, why has my Pokemon Gold & Silver review been deleted from
> the page of reviews?

**why?**

Did you use html? If you did, then it`ll follow the same fate some of mine did. Total eradication. Complete extermination. Full disintegration. Erm, you get the point.
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
so what is you use any of my ideas? How about then?

:)
Thu 03/05/01 at 20:57
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Nope

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.