GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OXM Demo Disk review type thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/01/05 at 15:43
Regular
Mercenaries - Very cool game! Kinda reminds me of Body Harvest on the N64 actually, massive landscapes with tons of vehicles and stuff to blow up. Really impressive explosions as well, the carpet bomb looks nothing short of awesome and the physics are very cool and the best I've seen on Xbox.

Mech Warrior 2 - Better than the first game in single player, nice graphics, could see it getting dull though after prolonged play. Haven't tried it online yet as I can't be assed to fiddle with wires.

Sponged Bob : The Movie - This game rocks! Sure oit's easy and quite simple but it's a lot of fun. Definetly one for the kids. I've never seen the show and still manged to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Would definetly pick it up if I see it going cheap in future.

SO basically a pretty empty disk. There's another 5 demos on there but they're all old so I won't bore you with the details.

Worth a purchase though if you wanna try out Mercenaries, the demo's pretty big and there's a lot of stuff to mess around with.
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:15
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
They said 4 demos which includes Mercenaries,Star wars battlefront,Spongebob the movie, But only 3 demos are new?
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wasn't talking to you.

Mercenaries seems good, if a little souless and insipid - Body Harvest it ain't - there's none of the charm that made a clunky and hideous N64 shooter a true great. Except the bunker buster bomb. BOOM!

Mechassult is fun - only played it on Live, and the irony is that the game is best played when not in a mech - me in the VTOL plane and Munkeh in a Battlesuit proved this.

Haven't played the others, except Blinx 2, which is so crap I cried.

OXM is just horrible. Just, revolting. Leave it at that.

*shudders*
Fri 28/01/05 at 06:30
Regular
You titbiscuit. I meant I'm waiting for the demos!
Thu 27/01/05 at 23:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You're looking forwards to OXM reviews?

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Demos maybe. Reviews, no.

Mercenaries might warrant me a purchase. And the MA2 live demo.
Thu 27/01/05 at 21:04
Regular
Auf Deutsch wrote:
> Next issue should be excellent though. All the demos you mentioned a
> few days ago, plus reviews of Conker, Brothers in Arms, Chaos Theory,
> UC2, Future Perfect and SMB Deluxe. Yay. :D

Bah, i thought they were on the mag due this Month. Now I have to wait longer?
Thu 27/01/05 at 20:05
It's Spongebob, he's still in the present *cries*
Thu 27/01/05 at 20:00
Regular
Yeah, I got it today too. All 3 demos are actually really fun, especially Mech Assault 2 on Live, which suprised me as I never really liked the first (the kill stealing drove me insane).

Next issue should be excellent though. All the demos you mentioned a few days ago, plus reviews of Conker, Brothers in Arms, Chaos Theory, UC2, Future Perfect and SMB Deluxe. Yay. :D
Thu 27/01/05 at 15:43
Regular
Mercenaries - Very cool game! Kinda reminds me of Body Harvest on the N64 actually, massive landscapes with tons of vehicles and stuff to blow up. Really impressive explosions as well, the carpet bomb looks nothing short of awesome and the physics are very cool and the best I've seen on Xbox.

Mech Warrior 2 - Better than the first game in single player, nice graphics, could see it getting dull though after prolonged play. Haven't tried it online yet as I can't be assed to fiddle with wires.

Sponged Bob : The Movie - This game rocks! Sure oit's easy and quite simple but it's a lot of fun. Definetly one for the kids. I've never seen the show and still manged to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Would definetly pick it up if I see it going cheap in future.

SO basically a pretty empty disk. There's another 5 demos on there but they're all old so I won't bore you with the details.

Worth a purchase though if you wanna try out Mercenaries, the demo's pretty big and there's a lot of stuff to mess around with.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.