GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Darn"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 16:31
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Do you ever get the feeling you're cursed? Well I seem to feel that way whenever it comes to moving into a new flat. Some of you may remember all the crap we went through when we last moved, (our landlord ignoring us and having no gas or electric). Well, we have just moved into a new flat and the short version of the story is that we have no heating, hot water, lights, gas or anywhere to cook. The ceiling also leaks in the bathroom and there is a minimum 50volt current going through the gas main. It has been designated unsafe to live in and could take weeks to sort out. Our "landlord" is being investigated because it looks like they've been stealing gas. We are finding it hard to get hold of our landlord because they are a large company and we always connect to a receptionist who says we'll be called back, but we never are. We paid out over £1000 for this place and are unable to live there. We'll be trying to get our money back while looking for somewhere else to live, which will be a nice lot of stress.

On the plus side for me at the moment, work is great. I spent last week going up and down lots of ladders including one which was pitched to the forth floor of the building. It reaches about a foot beneath the window sill, so you have to climb the last bit holding onto the wall and just moving your feet up, which is quite a brown trouser moment considering how high you are and that you have nothing holding you on to the building other then yourself. It was a windy rainy day too, which made it even more fun. I had a big lump of a guy following me up the ladder, which makes it bounce around more then usual, (the head of the ladder actually comes away from the wall a bit if you go up quickly enough).

How are we all?
Sat 18/11/06 at 16:31
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Do you ever get the feeling you're cursed? Well I seem to feel that way whenever it comes to moving into a new flat. Some of you may remember all the crap we went through when we last moved, (our landlord ignoring us and having no gas or electric). Well, we have just moved into a new flat and the short version of the story is that we have no heating, hot water, lights, gas or anywhere to cook. The ceiling also leaks in the bathroom and there is a minimum 50volt current going through the gas main. It has been designated unsafe to live in and could take weeks to sort out. Our "landlord" is being investigated because it looks like they've been stealing gas. We are finding it hard to get hold of our landlord because they are a large company and we always connect to a receptionist who says we'll be called back, but we never are. We paid out over £1000 for this place and are unable to live there. We'll be trying to get our money back while looking for somewhere else to live, which will be a nice lot of stress.

On the plus side for me at the moment, work is great. I spent last week going up and down lots of ladders including one which was pitched to the forth floor of the building. It reaches about a foot beneath the window sill, so you have to climb the last bit holding onto the wall and just moving your feet up, which is quite a brown trouser moment considering how high you are and that you have nothing holding you on to the building other then yourself. It was a windy rainy day too, which made it even more fun. I had a big lump of a guy following me up the ladder, which makes it bounce around more then usual, (the head of the ladder actually comes away from the wall a bit if you go up quickly enough).

How are we all?
Sat 18/11/06 at 16:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Oh ermm you seem cursed indeed. Didnt you check the place before you rented it?

Glad work is going well for you. Look good in a uniform :P

> How are we all?

Alls good here :)
Sat 18/11/06 at 17:32
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Seraphim wrote:
> Oh ermm you seem cursed indeed. Didnt you check the place before
> you rented it?

Signed for the place having been told it was all good and working by the agents. They had a gas safety certificate and stuff, so I thought it was kosher. Only after moving in did the cracks start to show.

> Glad work is going well for you. Look good in a uniform :P

You should have seen me in my old Tesco kit. Now that really was a moist maker.
Sat 18/11/06 at 17:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just a valuable lesson learned to not rely on what others tell you and check things for yourself.
Sat 18/11/06 at 19:01
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Kawada wrote:
> Just a valuable lesson learned to not rely on what others tell
> you and check things for yourself.

All very well saying that, but the thing is that the things that are wrong you wouldn't know until you live there.
Sat 18/11/06 at 19:38
Regular
Glad to hear the jobs going well Blokey ... As for the flat ... sounds like a nightmare ...

Third time's a charm eh? ;)

Keep us posted ...
Sun 19/11/06 at 10:11
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Whoa, you're really unlucky with flats. Stealing gas? He's going to hell. If my granny was here she would tell you to pray.
Sun 19/11/06 at 12:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
anyone remember that episode of Bottom where they were stealing gas? :D

Sucks though EB, hoe it all gets sorted soon for you both.
also - congrats on still being "you both" :)
Sun 19/11/06 at 12:06
Regular
Is that where they sellotaped the gasman to the ceiling, or was it a burglar ... can't remember ...
Sun 19/11/06 at 12:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sellotaping was the burglar, the gasman they beat half to death and then tried to put him on top of a bus as it drove by :D

they ended up breaking into mr rottweilers flat to disconnect their dodgy line :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.