GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Darn"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 16:31
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Do you ever get the feeling you're cursed? Well I seem to feel that way whenever it comes to moving into a new flat. Some of you may remember all the crap we went through when we last moved, (our landlord ignoring us and having no gas or electric). Well, we have just moved into a new flat and the short version of the story is that we have no heating, hot water, lights, gas or anywhere to cook. The ceiling also leaks in the bathroom and there is a minimum 50volt current going through the gas main. It has been designated unsafe to live in and could take weeks to sort out. Our "landlord" is being investigated because it looks like they've been stealing gas. We are finding it hard to get hold of our landlord because they are a large company and we always connect to a receptionist who says we'll be called back, but we never are. We paid out over £1000 for this place and are unable to live there. We'll be trying to get our money back while looking for somewhere else to live, which will be a nice lot of stress.

On the plus side for me at the moment, work is great. I spent last week going up and down lots of ladders including one which was pitched to the forth floor of the building. It reaches about a foot beneath the window sill, so you have to climb the last bit holding onto the wall and just moving your feet up, which is quite a brown trouser moment considering how high you are and that you have nothing holding you on to the building other then yourself. It was a windy rainy day too, which made it even more fun. I had a big lump of a guy following me up the ladder, which makes it bounce around more then usual, (the head of the ladder actually comes away from the wall a bit if you go up quickly enough).

How are we all?
Fri 24/11/06 at 17:25
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Just a quick update for you. The flat has been designated unsafe by environmental health people from the council, the landlords did not have planning permission to make the house into two flats and so an order has been placed on them.

On the plus side I had my first major exam the other day, (in which I got 100%), and I also passed all my practical assessments. I now have breathing apparatus for the next 3 weeks. I have finished my work in Harrow, (thank god), and am now to train back in central London, which means no more 4-hours of journeys every day. Yey!
Mon 20/11/06 at 18:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
he was good as the PE teacher in "english lit teachers fave" - Kes
Mon 20/11/06 at 17:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Brian Glover
> he did voices for the tetley tea ads as well.

He was great, think he died just after filming Up n Under.
Mon 20/11/06 at 17:55
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Brian Glover
he did voices for the tetley tea ads as well.

are you SURE it was the gas man on the ceiling??

i`m convinced it was the burglar as they stayed using the sellotape. they taped him to the chair and then when the policeman came round (because richie had called previously) they taped him to the ceiling so the copper didn`t see him.
Mon 20/11/06 at 15:04
Regular
"8==="
Smedlos wrote:
>
> Also had that wrestler turned actor in it as the next door
> neighbour (can't remember his name?)

He looked a bit like George 'The animal' Steel (sp?) but I doubt it was him.
Mon 20/11/06 at 15:03
Regular
"8==="
Smedlos wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> anyone remember that episode of Bottom where they were stealing
> gas? :D
>
> Yeah it was great sellotaping the burglar to the ceiling and
> getting him to drink the poisoned tea :D

Nah it was the gas man that was taped to the ceiling.

The burglar was in another episode and he was tied/taped to a chair.

Goddamn Bottom noob! ;D
Mon 20/11/06 at 13:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:

> anyone remember that episode of Bottom where they were stealing
> gas? :D

Yeah it was great sellotaping the burglar to the ceiling and getting him to drink the poisoned tea :D

Also had that wrestler turned actor in it as the next door neighbour (can't remember his name?)
Mon 20/11/06 at 13:42
"possibly impossible"
Oh well, hopefully it will get sorted and you'll find a nicer place to live as well.

If you don't get your money, you can always go on Watchdog... :D
Mon 20/11/06 at 12:41
Regular
"..."
Pandemic wrote:
> there is a minimum 50volt current going through the gas main.

Now that's just a little bit worrying...
Sun 19/11/06 at 12:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sellotaping was the burglar, the gasman they beat half to death and then tried to put him on top of a bus as it drove by :D

they ended up breaking into mr rottweilers flat to disconnect their dodgy line :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.