GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Personalisation of the Forums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 22:29
Regular
I just came up with an idea.
How about someway or another personalising the way you want the forum pages to look?
You could click onto a link where it will take you to an area where you can customise the way the forums look to your own tastes.
For instance, you might prefer to change the font, the colour of it etc the way it is on screen..
Maybe a nice coloured Background?
You could even change the Special Reserve 'Blue' strip to your left to your own colour.
Or you might prefer to have specially coloured boxes and icons or change the look of the 'Forum list of topics' from a selection of styles you pick from.
All this could be changed to your own liking by 'clicking' on the set styles that would be available in the list to you.
So everytime you come onto the forums and log in, your style of layout comes up the way you had it last.

However to set your own preferences like these, the user will need to be registered 'As always with the forum'.
If you dont use the forum for a month the style will be reset.
Or maybe you have to post the required amount of posts and words to gain access to these options, i.e requiring you to be a 'Regular'.
Im sure some regulars here in the forums would like a change now and again with the way the layout and style of the forums are, so with this idea they can now do that.

So what does everyone else think?
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I just came up with an idea.
How about someway or another personalising the way you want the forum pages to look?
You could click onto a link where it will take you to an area where you can customise the way the forums look to your own tastes.
For instance, you might prefer to change the font, the colour of it etc the way it is on screen..
Maybe a nice coloured Background?
You could even change the Special Reserve 'Blue' strip to your left to your own colour.
Or you might prefer to have specially coloured boxes and icons or change the look of the 'Forum list of topics' from a selection of styles you pick from.
All this could be changed to your own liking by 'clicking' on the set styles that would be available in the list to you.
So everytime you come onto the forums and log in, your style of layout comes up the way you had it last.

However to set your own preferences like these, the user will need to be registered 'As always with the forum'.
If you dont use the forum for a month the style will be reset.
Or maybe you have to post the required amount of posts and words to gain access to these options, i.e requiring you to be a 'Regular'.
Im sure some regulars here in the forums would like a change now and again with the way the layout and style of the forums are, so with this idea they can now do that.

So what does everyone else think?
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
This has been brought up before, I think the correct wording is giving the users the option of changing the 'skin' of the forum which is being displayed on there screen....
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Besides... Your browser should give you the otion to change a sites colours, background, etc...
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:40
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Possible, yes. Mind you, webmasters would probably hate you for it if Tony decided to go ahead with it.
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:53
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
But having a 'Pool' of set styles and options would make the forums have more appeal.
Plus it would make it easier for the user, rather than tinkering with your own browser which is too much hassle.
Mac users use the site too I would imagine, some of us know of how the mac Navigator browser can be a pain in the back side compared to Internet Explorer.
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:55
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Anyone for tinted polythene screen covers?
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:03
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
It's just an Idea. It would be a nice touch.
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:04
Regular
Tony wrote:
> Anyone for tinted polythene screen covers?

Lol! I might try that! Trouble is, the colour scheme is good as it is, so I wouldn`t want to.
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
What about translucent screen paint?
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
How about cheese?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.