GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Army Men in decent game shocker!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 21:44
Regular
The latest issue of Play rates the PS2 game "Army Men Air Attack: Blade's Revenge" at 80% - the same score they gave Zone of the Enders!

I kid you not!
Wed 02/05/01 at 21:44
"High polygon count"
The latest issue of Play rates the PS2 game "Army Men Air Attack: Blade's Revenge" at 80% - the same score they gave Zone of the Enders!

I kid you not!
Wed 02/05/01 at 22:52
Regular
Was the score displayed in a table? If so, maybe the score column and the game name column were out of sync, and as a result, it got the score of an adjacent game.

Then again, there are millions of those army men games, so its probably surrounded by army men titles, so either way, an Army Men title has done it. The unthinkable, the until now impossible, has happened, its made it into double figures on a review score. What does this mean? Will Metal Gear Solid 2 be a flop?

Oh dear.
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Whatever!"
Army Men - A good game - I never thought I would see the day!!
Wed 02/05/01 at 23:47
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> Was the score displayed in a table? If so, maybe the score column
> and the game name column were out of sync, and as a result, it got
> the score of an adjacent game.

:-)

Nope - afraid not. I've searched for all possible traces of a mistake or deliberate fabrication of evidence, but have found none.

It's a straightforward 3-page review, culminating in a big, fat 80% - and even the reviewer seems genuinely surprised!
Thu 03/05/01 at 11:15
This can mean only one thing. The apocalypse is upon us.
Fri 04/05/01 at 01:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Was it a magazine dated for April ? Maybe its an April fools joke so everyone goes out and buys it and realises they've well and truly been done ! ;-))

Mon 07/05/01 at 01:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That's it.

PlayStation 2 for sale. Anyone? £5 but I can go as low as £2
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
turbonutter wrote:
> That's it.

> PlayStation 2 for sale. Anyone? £5 but I can go
> as low as £2

:-)
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:32
Regular
This is a little strange. I`ll wait and see what PSM2 say yet, but I`ve always thought about Army Men games as being a bit of fun. I`ve never bought one because they are usually bad, but perhaps this will be a change!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.