GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"REALLY stupid problem..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got the border around an image - which is also a link - set to '1' on purpose, and it's coming up as the nasty blue default border colour. I've put alink='#FFFFFF' and vlink='#FFFFFF' in the tag, but what's the CSS for it? Can't be bothered to look it up.

Also, page margin CSS please.
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> And by that thinking, someone HAS to have some sort of contact with
> Katie Fey. I'd very much like to get in touch.

I didnt know who this was so i done a google image search. Im glad nobody else was standing around when the results popped up.
Mon 30/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, all of my friends know about Saffron Walden too..

You know, it does have a massive sign off the A1. Bigger than Cambridge, I kid ye not.
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:15
Regular
I think maybe the six degrees (or is it seven?) of seperation, thanks to the internet, has suddenly plummeted to some really low number.

And by that thinking, someone HAS to have some sort of contact with Katie Fey. I'd very much like to get in touch.
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Can someone explain to me how my town, whcih only has ~12,000 residents, is somehow known by /everyone/ I meet, in one way or another?

Saffron Walden: Centre of the Universe
Mon 30/08/04 at 18:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tyla wrote:
> Slap him with the Cod of usability

i know that's supposed to be "code", but that conjours a far better mental image :)
Mon 30/08/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
GD started supporting GIFs a few weeks ago, when the patents were released. Try upgrading.
Mon 30/08/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bah, now I'm having problems with this. I've got my main image, and I want to make a thumb for it whilst running the script to upload the original. I've had a few goes, but I don't think it's got the GD for Gifs - that's what the error message says. Any other way I can make a 100 x 75 image (any format) from the path posted by the form?
Fri 27/08/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tyla wrote:
> Thats a really arrogant assumption which is totally untrue.

Of course it's untrue, but that was his insight into it. Looked up 'imagecreatefromgif' on PHP.net - should be handy.
Fri 27/08/04 at 09:13
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
monkey_man wrote:
> That's the bloke's fault. On his old site he had quite small images,
> so when I set up his image upload thing he decided to put up massive
> images instead! Only 5 per page though, and his clients are probably
> prepared to wait for the images. Never had a problem with my body
> tag before. The PHP beore it is fine, and I've got to put a cookie
> in there, so that'll be before the body tag anyway.

you can set the PHP to generate thumbnails of the images he uploads saving a lot of hassle. Just explain to the guy that he has about 8 seconds to convince people to stay, at this rate, even on my 10Mb connection, he'll be lucky!

You should also put your bodytag in the correct place too, it's invalid mark-up to have it where you do now. HTML has a basic structure which should be kept to.

You could also cut own on the load times buy converting the site to CSS, which would only take about 10mins.

>his clients are probably prepared to wait for the images.

Thats a really arrogant assumption which is totally untrue. As I mentioned before, users expect everything there, in their face in under 10secs, and thats on 56K connections! Slap him with the Cod of usability, andif all else fails, send Zeldman round with a shotgun.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://www.rc-fp.com[/URL]

Changed since originally posted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.