GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARRRRRRGHHHHHH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 10:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
My Internet Explorer wont connect to the internet... but strangely enough Firefox will.

Also my antivirus (AVG) says there is no connection availible to download automatic updates - but there IS a connection, I'm proving it right now!

Ntl broadband medic has detected an error and restored my proxy settings (whatever they may be) but I still cant connect with IE or update my antivirus etc.

Erm, help?
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
My Internet Explorer wont connect to the internet... but strangely enough Firefox will.

Also my antivirus (AVG) says there is no connection availible to download automatic updates - but there IS a connection, I'm proving it right now!

Ntl broadband medic has detected an error and restored my proxy settings (whatever they may be) but I still cant connect with IE or update my antivirus etc.

Erm, help?
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Update: 10:42

Msn Messenger OR Windows messenger wont connect either.

My life is as good as over.
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If only Broadband Medic was of any use. I'm surprised it did anything, other than tell you that there is an error and that you can't connect to the internet. How very useful. Give NTL customer Services a ring. I think they have a free line, if not, it depends how important it is to you. They'll sort out any problem you have and are very very helpful.
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:50
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Do you have SP2? Has Windows Firewall done what it is apt to do and activate itself and block everything without any warning? Though you'd think it would block what you are using now as well if that were the case...

Other than that I suppose you could have some kind of IE specific trojan/virus/type thing, most of them don't bother with other browers 'cause the morons don't have them.
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
They've got "planned maintainence" nationwide today, which usually results in slow browsing for me (theyre updating everyones 150 kb/s connection to a 300 for free so its taking a while - but I just cant see why firefox works but nothing else does - its spooky.
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That happens to me too. Mozilla is the most stable of all my 3 browsers, and connects when everything else is down. They already upgraded my 150k about 2 weeks ago, which was nice of them. Now my Rome:Total War demo is downloading 2x as fast.
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Belldandy wrote:
> Do you have SP2? Has Windows Firewall done what it is apt to do and
> activate itself and block everything without any warning? Though
> you'd think it would block what you are using now as well if that
> were the case...

I dont know if Windows firewall is activiated - how would I check if it is? and if it HAS blocked everything what do I need to do?

> Other than that I suppose you could have some kind of IE specific
> trojan/virus/type thing, most of them don't bother with other browers
> 'cause the morons don't have them.

Reckon the Trend Micro housecall would pick up on this?
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is there some spyware/adware called Navexcell that could be restricting me?

When I try and link from IE to google it takes me to [URL]http://www.trustedsearch.com/search?p=Q&lang=en&ts=ne&w=http://www.google.co.uk[/URL]

Which is a division of www.trustedsearch.com which in turn is endorsed by navexcell - which sounds like spyware to me.
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:51
Regular
"Freeola Support"
It is spyware and did you try Firefox here as its either cached the pages or cached a number of dns entries.
Tue 24/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
It is Spyware?

It seems to be on both of my computers then (and it wasnt last night because I was using MSN and IE) - perhaps it could just be NTL that has trouble with like EVERYTHING except firefox at the moment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.