GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARRRRRRGHHHHHH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 10:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
My Internet Explorer wont connect to the internet... but strangely enough Firefox will.

Also my antivirus (AVG) says there is no connection availible to download automatic updates - but there IS a connection, I'm proving it right now!

Ntl broadband medic has detected an error and restored my proxy settings (whatever they may be) but I still cant connect with IE or update my antivirus etc.

Erm, help?
Wed 25/08/04 at 10:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
Still talking to myself.

ho-hum
Tue 24/08/04 at 22:05
Regular
"SOUP!"
Removed that Navhelper spyware too.

Didnt help.

Bah humbug
Tue 24/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
"SOUP!"
So it's not my firewall either which is totally lame.

What the hell else could be blocking my internet access?
Tue 24/08/04 at 21:38
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just so you dont think it's NTL, my mate has been able to use MSN and IE without any problems today, and he has the same connection as you...

Tho' if you are desperate to use MSN then use the browser version, [URL]www.e-messenger.net[/URL]
Tue 24/08/04 at 20:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
The only security stuff there is the SLL stuff, nothing about a firewall!
Tue 24/08/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
How to turn off windows firewall:

Double click on the connection icon in the task bar
Go to properties
Then go to the advanced tab
And untick "protect my computer.. etc"

Done
Tue 24/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
Seems i'm documenting this to myself at the moment in the vague hope someone will spot my dismay and come to my aid - but I performed a system restore which didnt help and manually updated my antivirus which picked up a few bugs - but I cannot get on using IE or any progs yet.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DISENGAGE MY WINDOWS FIREWALL
Tue 24/08/04 at 19:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
C'mon, help me - I'll give you cookies and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow if you help me fix my system.
Tue 24/08/04 at 19:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
And can someone please let me know how to check if my firewall is blocking stuff randomly - I'm not sure how I check.
Tue 24/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
It is Spyware?

It seems to be on both of my computers then (and it wasnt last night because I was using MSN and IE) - perhaps it could just be NTL that has trouble with like EVERYTHING except firefox at the moment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.