GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 09:18
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
I started up my computer this mornining and i clicked on my user account and it loaded up ok and then the desktop graphics went all funny, my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 5200 256mb and it seems to be fine fine. So i go into properties then settings and my colour quality is set to 8 bit instead of 32 bit, then a minute or so later it changes back to 8 bit, i can't find any settings to stop this. does anyone know?
Tue 24/08/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Touched!"
Good point Tyla..although it can be very buggy it can be very useful at times, I'm not a fan of it myself but this goes to show that sometimes it does work!
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Edward wrote:
> Thanks Tyla it seems to be workin, i would of never thought of that
> CHEERS!!!!

No worries. You'd be surprised how many people avoid using System Restore or even have it enabled, but sometimes, it does actually prove handy before having to resort to swearing, threatening your PC with a screwdriver or going a far as re-formatting.
Tue 24/08/04 at 11:25
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
Thanks Tyla it seems to be workin, i would of never thought of that CHEERS!!!!
Tue 24/08/04 at 10:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Have you tried system restore? Go back to the last "System Checkpoint" and see if that fixes it.

I had this problem for a while. Is your resolution being affected too? Mine used to boot into 800x600 @ 8Bit after i tried unpdating my Mobo drivers! Had to do a full reinstallation in the end.
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:52
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
i uninstalled my graphics card and reinstalled it and uninstalled kazaa and it still goes to 8 bit on the start up and then when i change it, it seems to be ok, but it does it on every start up, im confussed!!!
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:24
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
I recently installed Kazaa would this do anything?
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:21
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Edward wrote:
> I started up my computer this mornining and i clicked on my user
> account and it loaded up ok and then the desktop graphics went all
> funny, my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 5200 256mb and it seems
> to be fine fine. So i go into properties then settings and my colour
> quality is set to 8 bit instead of 32 bit, then a minute or so later
> it changes back to 8 bit, i can't find any settings to stop this.
> does anyone know?

I had this happen before. Have you installed anything recently? Try uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them.
Tue 24/08/04 at 09:18
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
I started up my computer this mornining and i clicked on my user account and it loaded up ok and then the desktop graphics went all funny, my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 5200 256mb and it seems to be fine fine. So i go into properties then settings and my colour quality is set to 8 bit instead of 32 bit, then a minute or so later it changes back to 8 bit, i can't find any settings to stop this. does anyone know?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.