GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The major problems"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 20:17
Regular
Although the PS2 is the best console ever made its has 3 main problems
a)Not working right. This mainly concerns the DVD but its only a basic DVD which comes with the best games system ever so what do you expect
b)Not that many descent games. Although the first few titles have not really shown the PS2's power games like Z.O.E and Quake 3 Revolution are enlighting us of the PS2's true power
c)Delays. Namely Gran Turismo 3, when will it come out

Vote on which you think is the most major problem or if you can find some more (unlikely) write them down
Wed 02/05/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Although the PS2 is the best console ever made its has 3 main problems
a)Not working right. This mainly concerns the DVD but its only a basic DVD which comes with the best games system ever so what do you expect
b)Not that many descent games. Although the first few titles have not really shown the PS2's power games like Z.O.E and Quake 3 Revolution are enlighting us of the PS2's true power
c)Delays. Namely Gran Turismo 3, when will it come out

Vote on which you think is the most major problem or if you can find some more (unlikely) write them down
Thu 03/05/01 at 08:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
c)Delays. Namely Gran Turismo 3, when will it come
> out

Havent you heard its out. Maybe not here but its getting converted and will be out in a month or 2.
Thu 03/05/01 at 11:20
I'd say the most irritating problem common to all PS2s is the green screen issue. But even that isn't what I'd call a big problem. Buy a PC, and see what real problems are! ;-)

Thu 03/05/01 at 15:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
devo wrote:
> I'd say the most irritating problem common to all PS2s is the green
> screen issue. But even that isn't what I'd call a big problem. Buy a
> PC, and see what real problems are! ;-)

Devo your comment just made me laugh for a bit. I would have to agree the PS2 doesnt have any problems compared to what you could get with a PC.
Thu 03/05/01 at 15:56
adrian wrote:
> devo wrote:
> I'd say the most irritating problem common to all
> PS2s is the green
> screen issue. But even that isn't what I'd
> call a big problem. Buy a
> PC, and see what real problems are!
> ;-)

Devo your comment just made me laugh for a bit. I would have
> to agree the PS2 doesnt have any problems compared to what you could
> get with a PC.

I must agree with both of you. Lately, I have been experiencing several problems with my PC.
At the moment, I haven't really experienced any problems with my PS2, so I suppose I should consider myself lucky. But, I have experienced a drawback, not really a problem. I have to use the scart adapter for my TV in my bedroom, and although no initial problems present themselves, when I tried running DOA2 on 60Hz mode, there was no colour, just black and white. If I use it on my TV downstairs, not needing the scart adapter, it came out properly. This isn't really major, but it is nice to play games in full screen and colour.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.