GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warhammer Dawn of War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Warhammer 40,000: dawn of war'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody know if this is good?
Played the demo and seemed to be refreshing with it's lack of resource gathering and rushing. I enjoy RTS games but time and time again it's "Create villager to gather wood/food/gold. Create soldiers in huge quantities and charge the base".
Plus sending squads of massive mech-things stomping into wastelands made me feel like James Cameron without the silly obsession with the ocean.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I came in this topic just so I could be the coolest one in it.

Warhammer... pfft everytime I passed the shop there was a whiff of paint, dried semen and B.O.
Fri 28/01/05 at 13:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I never understood the game, I just painted the little lead (sometimes plastic) figures. Trouble was my painting skills where terrible, and I ended up coating my Space Marines in so much pain it looked like they where wearing Terminator armour.

Also, those paints weren’t half expensive, £1 for one small pot, it meant I only ever used about 5 colours since I couldn't afford anymore.
Fri 28/01/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> The people who make Warhammer must be laughing - £30 for a
> 2-inch metal figurine, and customers ruin them by coating them in red
> paint for blood.

Yeah, the prices were starting to border on the obscene when I was collecting them fifteen years back. I dread to think how much a blister pack would cost now. Just checked. JESUS! a fiver a blister pack and twenty five quid for a greater deamon. That's incredible. They must make an absolute fortune.

Right. My minitures are going straight on eBay.
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:54
Regular
Ahahaha, memories :D

I used to collect Warhammer figures. Then I realised I couldn't paint them to save my life and gave up. It was real geeky though, the freakish store guy pounced on us every time we went in - and was somehow on first name terms with us, even though we didn't give our names :S

This game is looking rather good though. Reckon I'll give it a try. Gonna check out the Chaos Theory beta I downloaded last night first though.
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The people who make Warhammer must be laughing - £30 for a 2-inch metal figurine, and customers ruin them by coating them in red paint for blood.
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> they looked like they'd been painted by Christy Brown's right foot.

Yup. I remember them.
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!
>
> And now, you big geek, I'm off to play Star Wars Galaxies all day in
> my pants, possibly stopping to have cereal and watch Star Wars on
> DVD.
> You geek.

Bwhahahaha. Best laugh this morning.

*sniff* and anyway, I wear my nerdism with a badge of speccy, socially inept, girl free awkward pride.
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm with Goatboy on this one; collected them, and after I'd been at them they looked like they'd been painted by Christy Brown's right foot.

Mind you, I still play D&D on occasion...
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!

And now, you big geek, I'm off to play Star Wars Galaxies all day in my pants, possibly stopping to have cereal and watch Star Wars on DVD.
You geek.
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> I used to collect the lead figures. Tried painting them but it looked
> like something an autistic kid did to communicate to his parents.

Bwhahahaha. I was actually pretty good, and had quite a few displayed in the shop wind...........I've said too much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.