GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KillBill Volume 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Many of you thought it sucked. I thought it was better then the first one.

Seeing as im lazy, that is all.
Wed 25/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Underrated more like.

I've personally heard nothing but good praise for it. To be quite honest I found it rather disappointing given the build up it had.

It was mildly enjoyable in my eyes, but underwhelming compared to the likes of Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs.
Wed 25/08/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
There should still have been more fighting though! I think one of my favorite parts of Kill Bill 2 is the credits, it just reminds me of what an awesome set of films tarentino has made. Each individual character has so much personality, even though some were on screen for a couple of minutes! The music just fits so perfectly, its amazing how much sound can do to a film. (If game developers put sound to better use, it would make them 10 times better, even if its a minor sound.)
Wed 25/08/04 at 22:30
Regular
Underrated more like.
Wed 25/08/04 at 22:21
Regular
The first is so damn overrated. Haven't seen the second.
Wed 25/08/04 at 21:58
Regular
Rubbish, Bud was a great character and Bud deserved to die by a true villain rather than the heroine.

The bit where it turns out he didn't get rid of his sword after all made you really feel for the character.
Wed 25/08/04 at 17:19
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
nah i think the bride should have killed Bud i mean he does all that to her and then gets killed by a snake.
Wed 25/08/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
yeah it would have been wicked to see bud fight Uma, they should have had the fight between Uma/Bud in his camper van. And then Elle comes along and joins in, so its a three way fight, that would have been so cool. And instead of Elle poisening Bud, she "accidentally" kills him with her samerai sword. Then Uma and Elle move outside into the desert and have a proper full on sword fight!
Wed 25/08/04 at 10:11
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
vol 1 had the better fights and vol2 had the better script, there were a lot of chessy lines in vol.1 but the last 30 minutes are some of the best ever.
In vol 2 i was a little dissaopinted at how bud was killed after all he had done to the bride.
still both are very good films and i cant wait for them to just release the both films on one disk.
Wed 25/08/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Thought both films were equally great in different ways. They are two completely opposite films! The tempo for the first film is very fast, the second slow with jumps in speed every now and then. I admit some of the dialogue in vol 2 was pointless, and at times was bored, until the fight scenes happened. I agree, Tarentino could have easily made this film into one big epic, I feel he has ruined the potential of "great film of all time" if he had done so. Also, almost all of the scenes in the vol 1 were iconic, and memorable, the camera work almost has a coreographed photographic style to it. Whereas in the second film, although there are some very memorable moments (buried alive, Elle vs B) , there are some scenes which are just average and boring. (scenes with Bud in Strip bar)
Tue 24/08/04 at 22:47
Regular
bah kill bill 2 tried to have the tarantino style monologues, and just didn't worked. None of it was catchy, ground breaking,inventive or particularly interesting. Tarantino has had some brilliant scenes in his movies and with the exception of the monk guy there was nothing truly classic or ground breaking.

I didn't go to see the first one with any particular desire for action, i left thoroughly entertained and felt i had watched something fairly ground breaking. And i hadn't expected anything from it realy as the trailer hadn't looked great and the story line sounded none to great.

Kill bill 2 was what i had initially feared the first one would be. Tarantino failing to create the classic monologues of his previous films, the film was a complete anti climax. I didn't mind the lack of action, but all the fight scenes through out the film ended abruptly and created anti climaxes which in no way furthered the film. I just left the cinema thinking that kill bill 2 could have been shortened to about 45 minutes and added to the first one and have achieved far more, with out stretching it with under developed themes which are disguised under the pretence of coolness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.