GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And STILL not getting a DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/01/05 at 11:52
Regular
Although this has nothing to do with my distrust for the system.

Seeing the fourth in the Wario Ware series (lol and in under 2 years) on the release list had persuaded me to get the system last night.

Yet I was caught up in the hype, excited for the moment, when I ordered my £130 DS last night. All I have to do is call Nintendo, give them my credit card details, and Wario ware demo, Metroid Prime demo, DS system, a t-shirt and Mario 64 DS would be on its way.

It sounds fantastic but then I realised something.

Although I CAN afford it, I shouldn't buy it. I was already worried about expenses, considering the recent slew of Gamecube software and other such stuff in February. Spending £130 will not help at all.

Also I have tonnes of games to play as it is, waiting till the launch day might be worthwhile enough but even then might be too soon.

I am delighted to see 4 Nintendo games at launch, that's a fantastic result. It includes a Pokemon game too, so the PSP will have a fight on it's hands. The price is great, it is before the release of the PSP and the system is actually looking damn attractive.

The advertisement campaign regarding a boy doing things to the world he inhabits with a finger seems wonderful and the campaign is massive. Also releasing 3000 DS' into each European region, getting a few numbers out there before the launch, is a cunning ploy indeed.

I'm looking at that deal and really wishing I could afford it. But I shouldn't. My wallet would never forgive me. I guess I'll just wait for my birthday.

Damn.
Fri 28/01/05 at 11:52
Regular
Although this has nothing to do with my distrust for the system.

Seeing the fourth in the Wario Ware series (lol and in under 2 years) on the release list had persuaded me to get the system last night.

Yet I was caught up in the hype, excited for the moment, when I ordered my £130 DS last night. All I have to do is call Nintendo, give them my credit card details, and Wario ware demo, Metroid Prime demo, DS system, a t-shirt and Mario 64 DS would be on its way.

It sounds fantastic but then I realised something.

Although I CAN afford it, I shouldn't buy it. I was already worried about expenses, considering the recent slew of Gamecube software and other such stuff in February. Spending £130 will not help at all.

Also I have tonnes of games to play as it is, waiting till the launch day might be worthwhile enough but even then might be too soon.

I am delighted to see 4 Nintendo games at launch, that's a fantastic result. It includes a Pokemon game too, so the PSP will have a fight on it's hands. The price is great, it is before the release of the PSP and the system is actually looking damn attractive.

The advertisement campaign regarding a boy doing things to the world he inhabits with a finger seems wonderful and the campaign is massive. Also releasing 3000 DS' into each European region, getting a few numbers out there before the launch, is a cunning ploy indeed.

I'm looking at that deal and really wishing I could afford it. But I shouldn't. My wallet would never forgive me. I guess I'll just wait for my birthday.

Damn.
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:04
Regular
It's not all bad. When you eventually do get one, the catalogue should have quite a few must-haves in there.
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:15
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> It's not all bad. When you eventually do get one, the catalogue should
> have quite a few must-haves in there.

I must admit my previous skepticism has gone.
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Two year break!"
The Euro launch is certainly a lot better than anywhere else so I can see why Nintendo are making a big deal of it.

Same for the PSP launch, Europe will be getting a much better deal than Japan (aside from getting it later).
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:45
Regular
Same here.

It looks good, and 4 years ago I'd've saved a year to get one, but times have changed, and although it would be my first choice for new gaming action, there's so many more things I have in mind to put the money to nowdays.

:-)
Fri 28/01/05 at 12:49
Regular
Well I've got to pay for bus fares, stupid amount on phone bills, rent, books for uni...

Maybe I'll get it with my bonus money. Or for my birthday.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Does the forum really need a whole thread just to update us on your change of mind? You were talking about it in another thread anyway.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:47
Regular
I'm pretty sure it is a personal post about my opinions surrounding the launch of the system and my thoughts regarding it.

Also a bit of a personal plight regarding my inability to buy it.

If you don't like the post, go home and cry your little eyes out and don't post in it.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:49
Regular
"Nintendo who!"
The Nintendo DS does not stand for Double Salary which is what it would take for you to be able to afford a DS.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:50
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it is a personal post about my opinions surrounding
> the launch of the system and my thoughts regarding it.
>
> Also a bit of a personal plight regarding my inability to buy it.
>
> If you don't like the post, go home and cry your little eyes out and
> don't post in it.

Dont worry Dringo! Tphi has something sarcastic to say about most posts on this forum!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.