GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 13:24
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i have been having a problem with a laptop for quite some time now.
i want to use the infra red port with my phone, but the nokia connection manager says check your system for media settings. i have reinstalled nokia suite 5.1, but it is still unable to work. the port should work, but does anyone have any ideas why it does not?

paul
Mon 23/08/04 at 15:33
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
mmm, i think i will just give in and get a cable to connect the 2, more reliable and not exactly pricey either off ebay, most of them are like £3
Sun 22/08/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh I had massive troubles with infra-red ports and my 8310.

Turned out I was pointing the wrong bit of the phone at the port :-)

Very useful bit of kit though. I got my infra-red tranceiver for £4 on ebay.. worth considering, you know.
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:03
Regular
Press Either:
F2
F8
Delete
During boot-up.
Sun 22/08/04 at 14:32
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i am using a laptop, which does not seem to say how to get to bios at startup, windows 98, which button should it be?
Sun 22/08/04 at 14:00
Regular
Enable it in BIOS, make sure it works on the same frequency as your phone.

I had to enable it in the BIOS for it to work.
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:24
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i have been having a problem with a laptop for quite some time now.
i want to use the infra red port with my phone, but the nokia connection manager says check your system for media settings. i have reinstalled nokia suite 5.1, but it is still unable to work. the port should work, but does anyone have any ideas why it does not?

paul

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.