GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online FPS's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:52
Regular
Just got into online gaming, played Counter-Strike Source, Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Call of Duty. They all seem pretty good, although CS is a bit boring because i allways die straight away, are there any other games that are any good online? Kinda only into FPS's but open to any suggestions. Cheers guys
Sun 30/01/05 at 20:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Enemy Territory is like Counterstrike except loads bigger and better. Also, it's free.
Sun 30/01/05 at 12:37
Regular
SOURCE RULES ALL!
Sun 30/01/05 at 02:23
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
CS:S is the best of all, not something you can fit straight into, something that you learn and improve on. hence why playing it is addictive for me
Fri 28/01/05 at 20:57
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I would suggest that you keep on with Counter Strike Source. It is a damn good game and very satisfying when you do well. Call Of Duty is also worth a lot of your online time, but it feels very sluggish after you've spent some time on Counter Strike.
Fri 28/01/05 at 17:32
Regular
Get the Medal of Honor Warchest. Pretty decent
Fri 28/01/05 at 17:26
Regular
Cheers for that, think i might get Battlefield 1942 and wait for Battlefield 2. Played UT on Xbox , might try pick it up cheap somewhere.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Unreal Tornement 2004. Decent arcade game, easy to get into and has a hell of a llot of free mods you can download.

Other than that, I'd also suggest keeping an eye on Battlefield 2, even though it's been delayed til later in the year. Huge scale online combat round huge maps and with loads of vehicles to use. Can't wait for that one personally, I loved Battlefield 1942.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:54
Regular
Hidden and Dangerous 2 Gold Edition can be picked up for around £20.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
You've listed all the best FPSs there. Cs tip. Practise, Practise, Practise. Against real people. Playing against the new bots can take you only so far.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:52
Regular
Just got into online gaming, played Counter-Strike Source, Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Call of Duty. They all seem pretty good, although CS is a bit boring because i allways die straight away, are there any other games that are any good online? Kinda only into FPS's but open to any suggestions. Cheers guys

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.