GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4. Again."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 16:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OMG.

OMG.

I roundhouse kick two Spanish peasants into the water, and the spray flies up, and I go 'yeah you commies' before a crazy knife woman appears out the spray and latches onto my jugular.

+

The game is perfection. You stand in front of a window, blasting the scum away with your shotgun, and go 'yeah b*****s, die mofos' etc, and then you get grabbed from behind, and have to run and weave and dodge and reload before you get munched upon.

Perfect blend of action and violence and obsecene amounts of blood and bullets as well as slower paced weird moments and exploring nasty bedrooms. Plus the fact it's so utterly gorgeous, I spent ten minutes using my rifle scope to look around.

OMG.

As WS said.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Auf Deutsch wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> Woot, I've reached the Castle, and am loth to sell my Rifle and my
> Red09. My shotgun can kiss my ass now, as I want the pump-action
> one.
>
> Hah, just did the same thing and bought the cool new pump-action
> shotgun. Although it doesn't seem all that more powerful than my old
> upgraded shotgun.
>

No - that's the payoff - you sell your upgraded guns for a high price, but you can only upgrade a new one a limited amount at first - the riot gun is 1.0 higher than the first shotgun at the basic level - so in the end, you end up with my 12.0, 28 round, 0.7 second firing beast.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix, leave doubts at the door. This game is truly, utterly, magnificent.

The controls are a little odd at times, but otherwise it's perfection - I've upgraded my mine launcher, Red09, Striker and .223 semi-automatic to near perfect levels of death dealing (+ I love that infra-red scope!) - just the 'exlusive' bit of the Red09 to go for that - I was wondering what that did...and yup, the magnums are a no no, seeing as I have held about 30 rounds of magnum ammo in the whole game.

I'm on 5-3 now. Played it far too much. Simply because it's a game that blows all others away.
Sun 30/01/05 at 16:30
Regular
"8==="
Perhaps in 3rd person this could work.

I wouldn't touch it if it was an FPS. The controller doesn't 'do' FPS games for me.
Sun 30/01/05 at 14:16
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> Woot, I've reached the Castle, and am loth to sell my Rifle and my
> Red09. My shotgun can kiss my ass now, as I want the pump-action
> one.

Hah, just did the same thing and bought the cool new pump-action shotgun. Although it doesn't seem all that more powerful than my old upgraded shotgun.

Anyway, that section kept p!ssing me off. Ashley kept running into the fireballs. Stupid hoe.
Sat 29/01/05 at 21:24
Regular
I don't think the riot gun is that worth it, it isn't too long until you get the Striker...

I love the rifle, although you won't use it often there are some sections that are pretty much impossible without one. You should have the rifle or semi-automatic rifle with you at all times.

Keep the Red9. A hint for you, every weapon has an exclusive power that you can buy after performing all the upgrades for it. The Red9 power makes it the most powerful handgun in the game.

Also, don't buy the Broken Butterfly. You won't be firing any magnum rounds until the end of the game anyway, and before the end of the game a better magnum will be available.
Sat 29/01/05 at 21:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Woot, I've reached the Castle, and am loth to sell my Rifle and my Red09. My shotgun can kiss my ass now, as I want the pump-action one.

But to do that, I need to sell my Red09. Which, to be a gangsta, is fully pimped up and gunning down the b*tches left right and centre.

I've died millions of times, saved loads and am generally crap.

But it's great.

The Red09 and my rifle/scope, plus the game itself.
Sat 29/01/05 at 19:28
Regular
The siege is awesome.

Tip: Don't sell the Red9, later you'll get the Blacktail which is more powerful, but the Red9 will work out to be better in the end.
Sat 29/01/05 at 17:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OMG.

This just gets more OMG by the second.

*SPOILERS*

Rescued that tartlet from the Church, just finished 2-2 (the quality siege ending).

Set pieces and fluid organic combat. Perfectly matched.

Plus, the Red09 is the bestest handgun in a Resi game ever, beating the Samurai Edge.

This is possibly the greatest game I've played................for a long time at least. I love the invention - the way the action buttons change so you can't predict the movements, the guns, the atmosphere, the f**king amazing graphics - seriously, it's insanely good looking.

But.

I hate them tentacle heads. Erg. I stand there, with El Presidentés daughter cowering and going 'you pervert!', sniping their heads and going 'yehaa bi*ch!' and then a tentacle head comes and mashes me.

Evil.
Sat 29/01/05 at 00:34
Regular
Looks like Cycloon is jizzyming away.

Can't wait for it, although I still have a tonne of games left to play.

Just bought FIFA 2005 as well.
Fri 28/01/05 at 18:53
Regular
Hooray!

Where are you?

Time to dig up the jism thread again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.