GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming News 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/06/06 at 17:22
Regular
""none""
Rememmber my other news thread? Well this is the new one.

Various sites have been rumoring that apple may buy Nintendo. An interesting user says:

"Between howling at the moon, these looneys point to the similar corporate philosophies of Apple and Nintendo (bull-headed determination in the face of defeat); the similar consumer perception of the companies (both have followings whose brand dedication verges on the religiously devout); the similar design styles (the Nintendo DS Lite practically looks like Jonathan Ive built it); and the complementary market spaces (Apple wants games, Nintendo wants style). But somewhere in the looney's mind, is there a scintilla of logic? A tiny fragment of truth spluttering for breath in the soup of madness? Could Apple actually buy Nintendo, and more importantly, why would it want to?"

PSP

Theres always something going on with the PSP, never expect a dull moment. The news that i'm about to give you will blow you 1.50 fishes away! Want to play 2.50 UMDs, and an official 2.50 browser on your 1.50 PSP?! Well you can now with the Devhook 0.40! Go here for a download and instructions.
Also on my previous addtion of news you may have heard a lot from the modchip (Undiluted Platinum) that could unbrick and lower firmwares of PSPs, well now you can get a premodded Ceramic Whit PSP at the famous ModchipStore.com. In other news a man has stolen 60 UMDs at Blockbusters, with the help of his pants! The value of the games is estimated at $1,800.

Nindendo DS/Lite

You may have heard because of the delay for the DS Lite in Euroupe, Europieans will now get an exclusive Black and Pure white on launch. But other news tells a different story, claiming that DS Lite may be released in the USA, here are words from a Nintendo reps mouth:

"We most definitely understand your desire to see the Nintendo DS Lite system released in Black in North America. While I was not personally involved in the resdesign of the Nintendo DS Lite, I can tell you that it is likely that aesthetics were taken into consideration. At this point, there are no changes to the color that will be available when the system is released. We may release additional colors at a later time, and it may be that one of the colors will be Black. Only time will tell. Your enthusiasm and support is appreciated, and your e-mail will be forwarded along for further review."
So sadly the U.K may have to share Black with the USA...

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, is shaping up to be a giant title for the DS, with cell-shadded graphics from Wind Waker on GameCube. This will be a sequal for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (confirmed).

Nintendo WII

Very very sad news, President Satoru Iwata stated that the ship date announcement would be this September, meaning Zelda: TP will not even be released by then; because it was said that Zelda and WII will be released together. Don't get your hope up, but theres rumours going around saying, Nintendo will release an Instant Messaging service for the WII. A Nintendo rep clued to that.

Wii is confirmed to connect to the Nintendo DS, according to the latest N-Sider, who say the latest issue of Famitstu, has some details from Nintendo President Satoru Iwata about Wii to DS connectivity, and talks about the first title that will use those features as well. Iwata explained the ways in which Wii and Nintendo DS will communicate with each other. In addition to DS demos provided over WiiConnect24, DS will work with Wii similarly to how Game Boy Advance worked with Nintendo GameCube — as "extra controllers" for specifically-designed games.

As known before, Nintendo said there will be Nintendo games for download, e.g. Snes, Nes, GB, GBA and N64 but no DS. Well Nintendo have now released there price point for it, it will be at ¥500 and ¥1,000 ($4.50 and $8.99 USD). Also bestbuy.com have WII titles up for pre-order, check it out yourself!

In a very unlikly rumour, "Nintendo Will Release Official SD Memory Cards"; according to a site who heard it from a site, who heard it from another site...According to the buzz, an upcoming issue of Game Informer has been leaked and that issue reportedly contains details about the Wii. One of the so-called details that was filtered out says Nintendo will release an official SD memory cards (2GB to 7GB).

I havent got any worthy news for PS3 or Xbox 360, so i'll just skip onto, these interesting sales numbers!:

1. Playstation 2: 232,000 (+12.1%)
2. Sony PSP: 159,659 (-17.1%)
3. Nintendo DS: 145,930 (+5.4%)
4. Xbox 360: 221,000 (-25%)
5. GameCube: 33,000 (-13.2%)
6. Xbox One: 26,000 (-33.3%)

These numbers are from the USA, for May. PS2 tops all. Don't think PSP topped DS, those little numbers are for small shop leaks. Handhelds are still dishonorably defeating Xbox 360! My appologies for no Xbox 360 or PS3 news.

Update: Sales numbers for Japan in 5 June to 11 June:

- DS Lite: 132,027 3,587 (2,65%)
- PSP: 21,656 2,939 (11,95%)
- PS2: 18,981 468 (2,53%)
- GBA SP: 4,116 248 (5,68%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,654 384 (30,24%)
- DS Phat: 1,371 212 (18,29%)
- Xbox 360: 1,100 145 (11,65%)
- Gamecube: 961 163 (20,43%)
- GBA: 30 6 (20,00%)
- Xbox: 20 23 (53,49%)
Sat 10/06/06 at 17:22
Regular
""none""
Rememmber my other news thread? Well this is the new one.

Various sites have been rumoring that apple may buy Nintendo. An interesting user says:

"Between howling at the moon, these looneys point to the similar corporate philosophies of Apple and Nintendo (bull-headed determination in the face of defeat); the similar consumer perception of the companies (both have followings whose brand dedication verges on the religiously devout); the similar design styles (the Nintendo DS Lite practically looks like Jonathan Ive built it); and the complementary market spaces (Apple wants games, Nintendo wants style). But somewhere in the looney's mind, is there a scintilla of logic? A tiny fragment of truth spluttering for breath in the soup of madness? Could Apple actually buy Nintendo, and more importantly, why would it want to?"

PSP

Theres always something going on with the PSP, never expect a dull moment. The news that i'm about to give you will blow you 1.50 fishes away! Want to play 2.50 UMDs, and an official 2.50 browser on your 1.50 PSP?! Well you can now with the Devhook 0.40! Go here for a download and instructions.
Also on my previous addtion of news you may have heard a lot from the modchip (Undiluted Platinum) that could unbrick and lower firmwares of PSPs, well now you can get a premodded Ceramic Whit PSP at the famous ModchipStore.com. In other news a man has stolen 60 UMDs at Blockbusters, with the help of his pants! The value of the games is estimated at $1,800.

Nindendo DS/Lite

You may have heard because of the delay for the DS Lite in Euroupe, Europieans will now get an exclusive Black and Pure white on launch. But other news tells a different story, claiming that DS Lite may be released in the USA, here are words from a Nintendo reps mouth:

"We most definitely understand your desire to see the Nintendo DS Lite system released in Black in North America. While I was not personally involved in the resdesign of the Nintendo DS Lite, I can tell you that it is likely that aesthetics were taken into consideration. At this point, there are no changes to the color that will be available when the system is released. We may release additional colors at a later time, and it may be that one of the colors will be Black. Only time will tell. Your enthusiasm and support is appreciated, and your e-mail will be forwarded along for further review."
So sadly the U.K may have to share Black with the USA...

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, is shaping up to be a giant title for the DS, with cell-shadded graphics from Wind Waker on GameCube. This will be a sequal for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (confirmed).

Nintendo WII

Very very sad news, President Satoru Iwata stated that the ship date announcement would be this September, meaning Zelda: TP will not even be released by then; because it was said that Zelda and WII will be released together. Don't get your hope up, but theres rumours going around saying, Nintendo will release an Instant Messaging service for the WII. A Nintendo rep clued to that.

Wii is confirmed to connect to the Nintendo DS, according to the latest N-Sider, who say the latest issue of Famitstu, has some details from Nintendo President Satoru Iwata about Wii to DS connectivity, and talks about the first title that will use those features as well. Iwata explained the ways in which Wii and Nintendo DS will communicate with each other. In addition to DS demos provided over WiiConnect24, DS will work with Wii similarly to how Game Boy Advance worked with Nintendo GameCube — as "extra controllers" for specifically-designed games.

As known before, Nintendo said there will be Nintendo games for download, e.g. Snes, Nes, GB, GBA and N64 but no DS. Well Nintendo have now released there price point for it, it will be at ¥500 and ¥1,000 ($4.50 and $8.99 USD). Also bestbuy.com have WII titles up for pre-order, check it out yourself!

In a very unlikly rumour, "Nintendo Will Release Official SD Memory Cards"; according to a site who heard it from a site, who heard it from another site...According to the buzz, an upcoming issue of Game Informer has been leaked and that issue reportedly contains details about the Wii. One of the so-called details that was filtered out says Nintendo will release an official SD memory cards (2GB to 7GB).

I havent got any worthy news for PS3 or Xbox 360, so i'll just skip onto, these interesting sales numbers!:

1. Playstation 2: 232,000 (+12.1%)
2. Sony PSP: 159,659 (-17.1%)
3. Nintendo DS: 145,930 (+5.4%)
4. Xbox 360: 221,000 (-25%)
5. GameCube: 33,000 (-13.2%)
6. Xbox One: 26,000 (-33.3%)

These numbers are from the USA, for May. PS2 tops all. Don't think PSP topped DS, those little numbers are for small shop leaks. Handhelds are still dishonorably defeating Xbox 360! My appologies for no Xbox 360 or PS3 news.

Update: Sales numbers for Japan in 5 June to 11 June:

- DS Lite: 132,027 3,587 (2,65%)
- PSP: 21,656 2,939 (11,95%)
- PS2: 18,981 468 (2,53%)
- GBA SP: 4,116 248 (5,68%)
- Game Boy Micro: 1,654 384 (30,24%)
- DS Phat: 1,371 212 (18,29%)
- Xbox 360: 1,100 145 (11,65%)
- Gamecube: 961 163 (20,43%)
- GBA: 30 6 (20,00%)
- Xbox: 20 23 (53,49%)
Mon 12/06/06 at 11:30
"possibly impossible"
My opinion is that Apple won't buy Nintendo, I don't think its part of the direction they want to go in.

Xbox360 News:
A new Dashboard update is available for Xbox Live users. This is a major update that gives you the ability to queue up to 6 downloads. Now you can leave your 360 on when you go to sleep and have a lovely load of content on your hard drive when you wake up!
Mon 12/06/06 at 17:09
Regular
""none""
pb wrote:
> My opinion is that Apple won't buy Nintendo, I don't think its
> part of the direction they want to go in.

I agree, and they will never be bought! What ever the price.
Sat 17/06/06 at 23:59
Regular
""none""
Update more of the latest sales numbers for Japan 5 June to 11 June

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.