GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Click through to page 2..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 07:53
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

please can anyone advise me on this?

When my visitors click a hyperlink, I want to record all visits on page one of my site but have the visitor directed to another page on my site depending on why they have visited.

Can I set the hyperlink up so as far as the visitor is concerned they have gone straight to the page of the link they clicked?

Thanks.
Sat 18/11/06 at 07:53
Regular
"just asking"
Hi,

please can anyone advise me on this?

When my visitors click a hyperlink, I want to record all visits on page one of my site but have the visitor directed to another page on my site depending on why they have visited.

Can I set the hyperlink up so as far as the visitor is concerned they have gone straight to the page of the link they clicked?

Thanks.
Sat 18/11/06 at 17:19
"Are you sure?"
Can you explain this a bit more as I'm not sure what you mean?

What are you using to 'record' visitors?

"Can I set the hyperlink up so as far as the visitor is concerned they have gone straight to the page of the link they clicked?"

Completely confused me this ;¬)
If the link said NEWS then surely the content would show news?!?
Sun 19/11/06 at 08:36
Regular
"just asking"
Hi, thanks for your reply,

I mean I have one hit counter on my home page which would save separate counters on each page. I am linking to this site from another and to save more click’s, I wanted to record the visits with out asking the visitors to click again. Trying to create a 3 click visit (3 clicks to get where you are going.

That's it really.
Sun 19/11/06 at 09:58
"Are you sure?"
It sounds like you need a proper visitor statistics / tracking application rather than a hit counter.

A few have been recommended here in the past (see previous threads) or search with Google for visitor statistics script etc. will give you lots to look at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.