GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone Like Van Helsing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 22:44
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
I saw the movie Van Helsing, and it is proper crap. how on earth can hollywood produce a movie which is a mixture of all the decent books of the 1800's and early 1900's; covering Dr Frankinstien & Frankinstien's Monster, Dr Jekell & Mr Hyde, & Valad the Impalyr (a.k.a Dracula) all in one movie when they all come from different time era's, written by British Novelests, not to mention the concept of Van Helsing was all wrong, as he was a portrayal of Bram Stokers own self, as the character only appeared in his book Dracula... This is another attempt of Hollywood to change English Literature into their own history
Mon 23/08/04 at 17:39
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Still i can't believe that they make rubbish like this.. I want decent movies... not to mention I thought addind that wimpy monk (was also that muppet from Lord of the Rings) into the movie was a bad idea.. He as always standing around doing nothing, in the line of fire. By realistic standards he should have been dead.
Mon 23/08/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Touched!"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Oh, and the awful, awful vampire-women with their rubbish not-sexy
> poses. They made me want to chuck my guts up and smear it over the
> screen.

Graphic..but oh so true!
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:17
Regular
"not dead"
Oh, and the awful, awful vampire-women with their rubbish not-sexy poses. They made me want to chuck my guts up and smear it over the screen.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:16
Regular
"not dead"
I thought it was awful.

I wanted Wolverine VS a bunch of bad guys.

I got Leopold VS gay Dracula, wet Frankenstein and underused werewolves.

(Better explain that - Kate & Leopold is a movie in which Hugh Jackman plays a guy from the 1800's who goes forward to present day New York - aromantic comedy with Meg Ryan or similar.)
Sun 22/08/04 at 22:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It "passed the time".
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Milky Milky"
It was OK.
Wed 18/08/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Didnt like the film at all. However have seen much better but then again have seen much worse
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i thought it was an ok no-brainer to watch on a sunday or something....

however, the end sucked SO much.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hollywood changing English literature to suit their own needs? Stoker's Van Helising being played all wrong? Bad guys from different time zones in the same movie? You're over analysing.

Bill's quick capsule review: "Hey, it's a piece of s##t!"

K? K.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Director Stephen Summers is going to write (and possibly direct) a movie based on the Flash Gordon comics. Cue lots of CGI, a paper thin plot that doesn't try to make sense and actors who should know better than to star in tripe directed by someone with a cool mentality. Summers is quickly becoming a director I'm starting to despise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.