GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading, Leeds & V Festival 2004 (Plus Muse news)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 15:34
Regular
With 1 week until V and a few more until Reading and Leeds, I was wondering if anyone was going.

Which festival are you going to?
Which days? Weekend? Camping?
Which bands are you most looking forward to?

Incidently, Muse might have to pull out of the V Festival, as Chris has damaged his wrist. Unless they can get a replacement, or he gets the all-clear to play (which I doubt will happen, as they had to cancel their last three gigs from their US tour), then they're pulling out. If they do get a replacement, the set will be very limited.

An update...The Streets bassist has reportedly been practicing with Muse, and so it looks likely he'll be taking Chris' place. It won't be the same without Chris, and I just hope they can still perform a decent set.

I'm glad that Channel 4 have picked up the V Festival. I'll be watching it this weekend. I've been watching V2002 on ITV and it's been great, seeing some of my favourite bands playing live again. Next week, on ITV at the Festivals, Coral and Supergrass are playing, I think. YeY!

Does anyone know who's picked up the Reading and Leeds licence? I think it was MTV:2 last year.
Thu 19/08/04 at 08:05
Regular
DW wrote:
> What did they play? Was it mostly songs from Sleeping With Ghosts?

XFM described the gig much better than I could, take a look, [URL]http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=20383[/URL]
Tue 17/08/04 at 22:05
Regular
I heard about the US gigs.

The story was released on Xfm by the Muse management two days ago. They released it as breaking news.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
DW wrote:
> He only got injured a couple of days ago, didn't he? Still, Muse will
> be playing at V no matter what, even if it isn't all three men.

Well they pulled 3 US shows and I heard about his injury 2 days ago I think, so he's been injured for at least 5 days, if not over a week.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:55
Regular
He only got injured a couple of days ago, didn't he? Still, Muse will be playing at V no matter what, even if it isn't all three men.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Going to Reading, for the weekend, should get there sometime Thursday. Going with a couple of mates, then meeting about 5 other mates there, plus there's about 3 other small groups of people going who I know, but I dunno when they're going, so not sure if we're gonna camp with them or see them at any point.

Looking forward to a bunch of bands, probably leave some out as I forget the exact lineup:

Green Day
Offspring
Sick of it All
Thrice
Flogging Molly
McLusky
The (International) Noise Conspiracy
Goldfinger
FireAppleRed
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
DW wrote:
> V is this weekend. It's not been confirmed if they're using The
> Streets bassist yet. Also, the set should be 16 songs long.

I know.
I'm assuming that they've been practising with him for several days at this point, which is the impression the article I read gave me.

Maybe he would need to learn more than 2 per day, but again, for a professional, there's no reason why he couldn't perfect 5+ Muse basslines daily. It's not as if they're incredibly hard.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:16
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> DW wrote:
> If they do get a replacement, the set will be very
> limited.
>
> Pffft.
> He only has to learn about 2 songs per day.
>
> That shouldn't be very hard for a professional musician.

V is this weekend. It's not been confirmed if they're using The Streets bassist yet. Also, the set should be 16 songs long.
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:53
Regular
V
Tue 17/08/04 at 20:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
DW wrote:
> If they do get a replacement, the set will be very
> limited.

Pffft.
He only has to learn about 2 songs per day.

That shouldn't be very hard for a professional musician.
Tue 17/08/04 at 19:42
Regular
"tokyo police club"
AB1000 wrote:
> The Rasmus

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.