GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manhunt - The Murdering Game?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/08/04 at 16:53
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
Manhunt, in the lime light, much like the character you play in the game.
Cash, "your slortering these gys", screams the Director, you are a puppet for a sick twisted man that has given your life back to you only to be hunted down like a wild dog, you go throught the game killing in the shadows. taking the enemy out one at a time while thier gang mates strole on by.

The game is in the pradicament of a conspiracy after being, questioned as a influnce to murder, i can see the point of this, when i was playing the game brought a rage in me, as i am not a fighter, some of my anger on things that happend to me were taken out as i snook behing a enemy and slit his throat woth a bit of wire i just found in the trash. the game shows how a mureder could easily take place with a few odd house items, a crowbar, plastic bag, wire, and knifes.

It shows how an underdog, cash can rise to be a better person from murdering, as he does it for his own life, and is getting laffs and kicks out of his visious and spur of the moment kills. This may show to childern under the age of the certificate age for consent to play and buy!
that murder is a GOOD thing.

I say to the people questioning the game for murder how did the child that was under age to have bought this or even be playing it, How did he get the game? or How can we stop childern under age even laying a finger on the box?

Murder, a cold case for the producers Rockstar, this very popular game could result in never selling again, rockstar in famous for its gore and violence with titles like grand theft auto 3, and vice city under thier belt, will this cause them to introduce more gore and more voilence in thier in games to come.

ang game of this era causes childen to be influnced, fairys running and flying, causes childern to run and jump and hurt themselfs, should we ban them? fantasy games cause children to want big knifes and daggers wil they stab thier mates in play, Should we ban them?

any type of media around childern causes them to be influnced in some way!

Without, games like these would gaming be, well, plain?
Sat 14/08/04 at 22:57
Regular
"um..."
One thing, if games influence people how come I never see people trying to slot oddly shaped blocks together or go out and play football more often?
Sat 14/08/04 at 19:10
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Even I don't use so many unnecessary commas.

One. One unnecessary comma.
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:04
Regular
"slortering"
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Teal'c"
Ahahahahah
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:57
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
yeah i wanted that line to be dramatic
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:53
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
$miley wrote:
> Without, games like these would gaming be, well, plain?

Even I don't use so many unnecessary commas.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh no.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:39
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
why thanks, nash "clicks ignore button"
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Teal'c"
Smiley, you write like an idiot.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
$miley wrote:
> It shows how an underdog, cash can rise to be a better person from
> murdering, as he does it for his own life, and is getting laffs and
> kicks out of his visious and spur of the moment kills.
> This may show
> to childern under the age of the certificate age for consent to play
> and buy!
> that murder is a GOOD thing.

Well then it's up to the parents to make sure that 18 rated games shouldn't fall into the hands of young children, it's not the developers responsibility. Besides, this whole Manhunt escapade has all but died down after it was revealed by the police that the game was never owned by the murderer but instead by the (14 year old) victim.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.