GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Village (no spoilers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Dull. Seriously dull.

I liked M. Night Shyamalamalan's Unbreakable, mainly for Sam Jackson, I didn't care much for The Sixth Sense and haven't yet seen Signs, but this is just dull beyond belief.
The premise and trailer make it look kind of interesting and scary, but all we're treated to is a feature length episode of The Waltons with moody lighting and a couple of creepy bits.

What lies beyond the village's boundaries? By the end of the film, you're so damn bored with the dull characters and lack of action/scares that you really don't give a crap. My dad even guessed the twist before we saw the film.

The worst film I've seen for a long while. everyone I saw it with thought the same thing. It was so bad, I had to watch mindless masterpiece Commando yesterday for a bit of therapy.

If you go to the cinema to see it, make sure you take a pillow with you, either to rest your head on when you nap, or to suffocate yourself with to end the boredom.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:48
Regular
To be entirely honest, the trailers don't excite me enough to give it a viewing.

It just looks like some demented version of Lassie set in a village.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
That's a classic ploy that directors use to try and entice other markets to come see their movie. Like Titanic being 'a love story set against the backdrop of a disaster' or Armageddon being 'a love story set against the backdrop of a meteor shower'. Don't be worried.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:05
Regular
I saw an interview with the guy yesterday, and he was very keen to press home the point that The Village is actually a love story and not a horror film.

I decided to give it a miss after that.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:38
Regular
Most people like Sixth Sense/Signs and dislike Unbreakable, including me. By this logic I will like The Village. Infallible.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It is a shame, yes. I didn't really know what to expect because I hadn't really seen/read much about it beforehand.

It reminded be a tiny bit of Brotherhood of the Wolf, which is much much better.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:17
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Damn. And I thought Unbreakable was duller than Alan Shearer's dishwater. I was looking forward to this.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats a shame, I was looking forward to it. May give it a rent sometime!
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Dull. Seriously dull.

I liked M. Night Shyamalamalan's Unbreakable, mainly for Sam Jackson, I didn't care much for The Sixth Sense and haven't yet seen Signs, but this is just dull beyond belief.
The premise and trailer make it look kind of interesting and scary, but all we're treated to is a feature length episode of The Waltons with moody lighting and a couple of creepy bits.

What lies beyond the village's boundaries? By the end of the film, you're so damn bored with the dull characters and lack of action/scares that you really don't give a crap. My dad even guessed the twist before we saw the film.

The worst film I've seen for a long while. everyone I saw it with thought the same thing. It was so bad, I had to watch mindless masterpiece Commando yesterday for a bit of therapy.

If you go to the cinema to see it, make sure you take a pillow with you, either to rest your head on when you nap, or to suffocate yourself with to end the boredom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.