GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moving to France : offering English-speaking assistance there"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
Good afternoon everyone.
I am a French citizen living in Paris most of the year, with relatives in Auvergne (Central France) and Cahors (South-West). I have met several British families this summer again expressing their wish to eventually (and sooner rather than later) move to the South of France. And I have actually been helping one couple with the translation problems when discussing prices and location with the "agent immobilier".

I have been thinking it would be nice if I could offer such free advice to other people in that situation via the web, for several reasons : I have witnessed how much frustration not being able to express one's idea and wishes can create. Also, I have witnessed how much time can be wasted that way...

Would anyone know of some websites where people interested in moving to France meet ? Or any kind of resource on that subject ?

Many thanks to you.
Sat 14/08/04 at 01:05
Regular
BOnsior, mon cheries.

Sorry, not sure about the Fech assistance. Maye you can lok for exchange programs setup by tourists and travel operators, since they might take advantage od this niche amrket/
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:56
Regular
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> I need to know the following phrases in French please.
>
> "I am a Dutch student"
> "Sign my backpack survey"

:^D

I'm figuring he's going to come back with some web site he's 'found', after hoping to have piqued peoples' interest.

At least it's not pyramid selling this time...
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Digging!"
Paradox: wrote:
> You're English isn't pristine.

Hows your French?
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Teal'c"
I need to know the following phrases in French please.

"I am a Dutch student"
"Sign my backpack survey"
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:20
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> You're English isn't pristine.
-------

Least youve got something in common.

:D
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I'm confused now. I thought we were discussing Frenchassisst's aim to teach English to the French. Now I'm told his English isnt good. I'd like to comment that "ugh, Im confused"
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
You're English isn't pristine.

I can offer you English assistance in return for partial nudity.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:08
Regular
Good afternoon everyone.
I am a French citizen living in Paris most of the year, with relatives in Auvergne (Central France) and Cahors (South-West). I have met several British families this summer again expressing their wish to eventually (and sooner rather than later) move to the South of France. And I have actually been helping one couple with the translation problems when discussing prices and location with the "agent immobilier".

I have been thinking it would be nice if I could offer such free advice to other people in that situation via the web, for several reasons : I have witnessed how much frustration not being able to express one's idea and wishes can create. Also, I have witnessed how much time can be wasted that way...

Would anyone know of some websites where people interested in moving to France meet ? Or any kind of resource on that subject ?

Many thanks to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.