GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOLDENEYE VS P D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/05/01 at 16:28
Regular
TO BE BLUNT I THINK GOLDENEYE IDS PANTS
Fri 04/05/01 at 16:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maybe the 2001 class....
Fri 04/05/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
cheatguru wrote:
> shut it

Immature or what?
Fri 04/05/01 at 16:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*in a sarcastic tone* No actualy, Cheatguru comes from the 2000 class of originality.
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:15
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
shut it
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:12
Regular
who should go back to school?

You should stop skiving out of your english lesson methinks!
Fri 04/05/01 at 11:08
Regular
"i'll destroy you al"
no u should go back to school you spell videos like this viddyos
haha
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:39
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
I thin kthat Goldeneye was absolutely superb, the one downfall that it was on the N64. It is not that I have anything against the console, as such, it is just that I find the damn controller to be so un-useable....give me a keyboard and mouse anyday :o)
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
We always played Goldeneye on 'one hit kills'. Speed becomes unimportant, and accuracy and tactics are the key. Something like quake would never work like that because it's too fast, but for Goldeneye it's just perfect.
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:17
Regular
I haven't played PD, so maybe i shoulnt comment in here. I will anyway though.

When I first got it i thought GE was great! The single player missions were good and i could recognise the various bits from the films. It helped me relate, made it even easier to pretend i was Bond.

To multiplayer was great fun, all the different modes lead to extensive play.

All this came to an end when Q2 came along.

It was so much faster. Four player Q2 became THE game round at my house, we played it for hours! Bigger guns! Bigger explosions! More laughs!

Then, one day, we decided to give GE a go again.

We thought it was pants. The multiplayer mode was far too slow. Where's all the big guns gone? Where's the health? Whats going on?

Single player GE was still played, but the multiplayer genre had a new king, as far as we were concerned anyway.
Fri 04/05/01 at 10:13
Regular
"smile, it's free"
How much different to the appeal did the 'bond title cause? I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it did to me.

On Goldeneye, I wanted to play all the levels, to follow the films and see the varied locations. With PD, I just wasn't interested. Same old stuff in bleak, high tech buildings. I played all the multiplayer scenario modes though, and was very impressed with them. Never saw quite the same appeal in the single player missions. Never played past the first one, in fact (I watched my brother play the others though, so don't go saying I don't know enough to make judgements).

I thought PD was a little dissapointing. Even the graphics weren't as impressive as we had been led to believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.