GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hard Drive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/04 at 14:26
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
I have a Maxtor 6Y200P0 Plus9 200Gb 7200rpm 8mb Cache ATA133 Hard Drive and no instructions. Are all of the jumpers set corectly yet or do i need to set them myself?
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Edward wrote:
> sorry, im new to this forums thing and unsure how it works

but surely you're not new to people and understand that a lot of us aren't able to give you an answer within the hour...
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Further to Turbonutter, only change it if you keep your old hard drive as well. If this is a brand new PC and is only going to have the one, new, hard drive in it, then you should keep it at master.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
All drives have it written on it, someware, it will be master by defult on maxtors
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Complaining that no-one has answered you a mere hour after you have asked the question is just going to make people want to help you less. Remember, we don't have to answer your questions at all, and it's not always a fun thing to do. Maybe we just have a charitable spirit, but it vanishes pretty quickly when people are just plain rude.

Your harddrive will come set up to run as a master. You would most probably need to run it as a slave (to your other harddrive), or better, master to your CD drive (running that as slave). The jumper positions are written on the drive itsself. Don't say they're not, because I have one of those on my desk :-)
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:51
"I love yo... lamp."
I'll give you a tip. Computer related questions go in this forum and no other. And if you have lots of questions, ask them all at once in one post. It will make people more likely to help you.

Something like this:

Question...

Question...

Question...
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:50
Regular
"bing bang bong"
At a quick skim, this looks like a pretty good guide: [URL]http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/install-hard-drive.htm[/URL]
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
sorry, im new to this forums thing and unsure how it works
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Because the website broke. And because you keep asking single questions in all the forums all the time.

Check that it is set at master and not slave. If it is not, then change it. It could be abbreviated to MA and SL remember.
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:31
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
why won't anyone help me???
Thu 12/08/04 at 14:26
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
I have a Maxtor 6Y200P0 Plus9 200Gb 7200rpm 8mb Cache ATA133 Hard Drive and no instructions. Are all of the jumpers set corectly yet or do i need to set them myself?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.