GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Building a computer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/04 at 16:14
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
please can you help i have just recived my case and parts but my sony dvd drive didn't come with a sound cable, or do i not neat one please help me and all so it says on my intel pentium 4 processor that it should be installed by a pro. please help.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:46
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
DiG wrote:
> Modern drives shouldnt need a sound cable, try without and see what
> happens, it wont do any damage.

They dont need the cable for ripping to wma or mp3, but they still use the cable to playplay CDs... :-)
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:42
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Edward wrote:
> can anyone help me?

Ok you will need the sound cable if you want to listen to music CDs on your PC, they cost about £1 at computer shops and need to be connected to either your soundcard (if you have one) or the onboard CD audio connector if you choose to use your onboard sound.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Edward wrote:
> please can you help i have just recived my case and parts but my sony
> dvd drive didn't come with a sound cable, or do i not neat one please
> help me

you'll need one to go into your sound card.

> and all so it says on my intel pentium 4 processor that it
> should be installed by a pro. please help.

if you're freaking out at this kinda stuff mate, maybe you should let someone else build it for you?
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Modern drives shouldnt need a sound cable, try without and see what happens, it wont do any damage
Thu 12/08/04 at 02:06
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I don't believe you need that cable (tbh I'm not entirely sure what it does), and even if you do the computer will work without it.
Wed 11/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
can anyone help me?
Wed 11/08/04 at 16:14
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
please can you help i have just recived my case and parts but my sony dvd drive didn't come with a sound cable, or do i not neat one please help me and all so it says on my intel pentium 4 processor that it should be installed by a pro. please help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.