GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"faulty this faulty that"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/05/01 at 01:10
Regular
What's wrong with SONY, ok they make good consoles and stuff, and good games for them, and personally I have'nt had any trouble with anything I've bought from them. But all this talk of "faulty this" and "faulty that" is making me scared to turn on my PS2 just incase it blows up or something, also two reports of a faulty quake 3 on one web sight, I mean I was thinking of buying Quake 3 but I don't think I'll bother now. Also I think that SSXs' loading time could be a bit shorter.
Tue 01/05/01 at 01:10
What's wrong with SONY, ok they make good consoles and stuff, and good games for them, and personally I have'nt had any trouble with anything I've bought from them. But all this talk of "faulty this" and "faulty that" is making me scared to turn on my PS2 just incase it blows up or something, also two reports of a faulty quake 3 on one web sight, I mean I was thinking of buying Quake 3 but I don't think I'll bother now. Also I think that SSXs' loading time could be a bit shorter.
Tue 01/05/01 at 11:37
I've had my Ps2 since november and have had no problems with it at all!!
And as for SSX's loading times.... Have you played Timesplitters or Quake 3 - they've got long loading times!!
Tue 01/05/01 at 20:50
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Have you tried the loading times for Wild Wild Racing, you think SSX is bad!!

P.S My PS2 console hasn't had any problems, but Rayman Revolution is screwed up, as you get past about the 1/4 mark, the sound starts crashing, causing the game to crash SOMETIMES, thats all though.
Tue 01/05/01 at 21:13
"High polygon count"
As I've posted a couple of times before, remember that you only ever hear the bad things.

Remember for every complaint you hear about a bad PS2, there are several hundred thousand without a glitch. That's a very low percentage.
Wed 02/05/01 at 19:45
Regular
I agree with the wookie,

we really will hear more reports of things going wonky than consoles working well. If we divided the number of dud consoles by the (I think) ten million psx2 consoles worldwide we'd have a very small percentage of wrong 'uns.

My console has been faultless since launch-day despite many trips around the country as a portable dvd/games machine on work/girlfriend related trips.

Anthony

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.