GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone get Doom3 today (tuesday)?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/08/04 at 00:07
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I did. I've been waiting for it for a long time and although it is really good, it's not as good as I'd hoped. The monsters don't scale the walls, they do for a brief few seconds where they are scripted too. I don't know why I pointed that one out. Also, the hardest mode available from a new game 'Veteran' is nowhere near hard enough and I'm breezing through it nicely. I've had to stop as I don't want to get through it in a couple of days.

Anyway, what does anyone else think of it?
Wed 11/08/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I kind of wanted it to be a "nearly Half Life 2" game. Which it isn't. $55? That with shipping? I managed to get it for $54.99 with shipping so I saved myself a cent! (which is basically nothing).
Wed 11/08/04 at 16:40
"I love yo... lamp."
I was happy with it, because it is nothing new. I wanted an old fashioned shooter, and I got one. A very pretty one.

$55 well spent, but now I'm back to PGR2.
Wed 11/08/04 at 15:00
Regular
"a.k.a King"
monkey_man wrote:
> Looks good, but if it has no substance, then meh. Riddick on the
> other hand - oh, baby, I can't wait to get my hands on a finished
> copy of it!

Riddick does look brilliant. The film will be good too, but Escaping from Butcher Bay may be the best thing I do in gaming for a while.
Wed 11/08/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
monkey_man wrote:
> Looks good, but if it has no substance, then meh. Riddick on the
> other hand - oh, baby, I can't wait to get my hands on a finished
> copy of it!

Its an updated version of Doom... so if your not after an old-skool twitch shooter, you'll be dissapointed.

Otherwise, its top-notch stuff! :)
Wed 11/08/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Looks good, but if it has no substance, then meh. Riddick on the other hand - oh, baby, I can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy of it!
Wed 11/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"a.k.a King"
So, it's distincly average I take it. I hate that, when games get a super build up and then when they finally come they're not as half as good as everyone pointed out. DRIV3R was the same. The new Zelda better not turn out like that.
Wed 11/08/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Burnt wrote:
> I guess if you have the money then it's alright but I dont and i'd be
> shooting my dog all day if I spent that much on a game that turns out
> average.

I had the same problem with Halo, I was quite interested in buying an XBox until I actually played the game and found out how average/repetative the whole expereince was
Wed 11/08/04 at 10:22
Regular
Burnt wrote:
> Thats why I dont get PC Games (Well, apart from the fact that my PCs
> crap anyway), whats the point spending loads of money on your PC so
> it can play Doom 3 when the game turns out crap.
>
> I guess if you have the money then it's alright but I dont and i'd be
> shooting my dog all day if I spent that much on a game that turns out
> average.

Because Call Of Duty recquires a half decent computer.
And I don't have one.

;(
Wed 11/08/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Thats why I dont get PC Games (Well, apart from the fact that my PCs crap anyway), whats the point spending loads of money on your PC so it can play Doom 3 when the game turns out crap.

I guess if you have the money then it's alright but I dont and i'd be shooting my dog all day if I spent that much on a game that turns out average.
Wed 11/08/04 at 09:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Easily the most disappoting game of the year, after Driv3r of course. It's pretty clear that the effort has gone into the graphics and not the gameplay, look beyond the graphics and it's the same game as Doom was, except not as hard or interesting.

Anyone else think that the opening bit - arriving at the complex, checking at the reception, going to find the scientist etc was, well, just a rip off of Half Life? I did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.