GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give me reviews!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 12:36
"possibly impossible"
Ok, those of you that are lucky enough to already have a DS - I need to know what games to get after Mario 64 DS. I will have the demo of Wario Ware, so I can wait for that.

There are hardly any reviews and besides, I'd like the opinions of people here anyway. So what have you all played?
Thu 03/02/05 at 20:10
Regular
"8==="
No. If you're considering getting a DS you can't be trusted not to eat something so small.

A large i-pod.
Thu 03/02/05 at 20:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
an iPod Shuffle, nonetheless.
Thu 03/02/05 at 20:07
Regular
"8==="
Screens suck. Games suck. Controls suck. Get an i-pod.
Thu 03/02/05 at 20:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd say don't use it on any DS games, use it to get Jungle Beat. It depends what type of game you feel like playing. JBis released tomorrow, and hopefully when I get home there'll be my 3rd pair of bongos (oddly referred to as "congos" in Nintendo paperwork) and a lovely new game. Possibly 3 lovely new games.
Thu 03/02/05 at 20:00
"possibly impossible"
hm. I heard that Asphalt: Urban GT was supposed to be good (better than RR at least). Anyone else played it?

I'm intriged by Feel the Magic, but not much else. Obviously getting Mario DS as it's part of the VIP pack and I'll have the demo of Wario Ware and Metroid to keep me busy, but I'm not sure whether to use my GAD to get a new Xbox, Gamecube or DS game yet. If there's a DS game worth getting for launch, then I'll choose that, otherwise it might be Mercenaries, Donkey Kong Jungle beat or something else...
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
er-no wrote:
> I've played most of the games in development - although obviously -
> they were in early coding - I even played Metroid whilst in Beta and
> the screens were switched the other way - and it actually played
> better - not QUITE sure why they made the decision for the map to be
> on the bottom screen. ah well..

Maybe so for people using the thumbstrap on the touch screen, the screen with all the action on wasn't half hidden.
Thu 03/02/05 at 14:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
I've played most of the games in development - although obviously - they were in early coding - I even played Metroid whilst in Beta and the screens were switched the other way - and it actually played better - not QUITE sure why they made the decision for the map to be on the bottom screen. ah well..

Anyways, Spiderman 2 isn't actually that bad, if you can get it for subŁ20. Worth the pot. That's what I have personally. Mario and Spiderman2.

Waiting for Nintendo classics....
Wed 02/02/05 at 15:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think it's worth buying Feel The Magic just to see all the ways in which Sega have used the DS features. The game iteself is short, but some of the minigames just beg to be replayed. I would get it more as an accompinament to Mario. As long as you're not expecting it to be your next BIG game, you'll be alright.

After that I'd suggest you pick up Zoo Keeper or Polarion (if it's out in the US), as they're supposed to be horribly addictive puzzle games, and then of course there's Catch! Touch! Yoshi! if you're not bothered about Japanese games. Apart from that there isn't really anything until March, when a lot of the bigger games are being released.
Wed 02/02/05 at 13:11
Regular
FTM is rather short, I agree. But for the time that you are into it, it's great. Wario Ware will be better, but it's recommended if you want more of the kind of gaming WW offers.

I too am back into Mario. Just unlocked Wario and have been exploring the newly unlocked levels. Been catching a load of rabbits too, only have about 3 normal ones and 7 glowing ones left.
Wed 02/02/05 at 13:02
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Ive got Feel the magic. Im not totally happy with it though.

Most of the mini-games (which make up the story mode) are brilliant and use the DS's features brilliantly, but theres nothing there now to keep me involved for longer than a quick 10 minute play now and again.
But because of that ive gone back to Mario 64 and im really into that again.

Similar games like Wario ware keep me playing for longer. Im really looking forward to the DS one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.