GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth getting an american DS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 18:30
Regular
"...ninkendo..."
I was just wondering whether it is worth importing a DS from America, because i'm not bothered waiting until March, but it would be nice to have one sooner.

I've checked various sites and so i know that UK games will be compatible with an American DS, but it would be nice if i knew of any incompatibilities with an American DS and any UK hardware or software.
Wed 02/02/05 at 18:30
Regular
"...ninkendo..."
I was just wondering whether it is worth importing a DS from America, because i'm not bothered waiting until March, but it would be nice to have one sooner.

I've checked various sites and so i know that UK games will be compatible with an American DS, but it would be nice if i knew of any incompatibilities with an American DS and any UK hardware or software.
Wed 02/02/05 at 19:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Back last year I'd have said it was worthwhile but with the Europe launch just around the corner it'd probably be easier to just wait until next month. Nintendo Europe are doing an offer if you have 1000 stars on their catalogue thingy to get a European one now for a certain price, check the other thread on here for that.

But no, there are no incompatabilities known between US/UK DS hardware or software.
Wed 02/02/05 at 19:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dont think there are any left in the stars catalogue.
Wed 02/02/05 at 21:03
Regular
"Touched!"
cookie monster wrote:
> I dont think there are any left in the stars catalogue.

They've all gone and ninty say no more UK ones until release!
Wed 02/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, I'm not going to get a DS until the UK launch now - it's only just over a month to wait, plus I'll need to get £100 together for it as well.

But yeah, even if I did have the money, I probably wouldn't bother importing one now. Maybe some people are different, but I don't need a DS that much that I have to spend £20+ so I can play one from another country. Plus, although the games on it are good, they're not exactly the killer titles I'll be buying a DS for.

When Mario Kart and Pro Evo come along, then I'll start getting excited. :-)
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you can get a US DS for about £80, I believe. Also the Australian one will be £80.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:03
Regular
"8==="
I'd wait. There's no 'must have' games out for it yet.
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
A month or so ago - when there was no definite DS release date - I'd have said yes. But with only a month to go, I'd agree with everyone here and say wait. Just get it pre-ordered and sit tight.
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:49
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
gerrid wrote:

you can get a US DS for about £80, I believe. Also the Australian one will be £80.

Yes the Australian ones are less than £80. www.dvdcrave.com If you're going to import then do it here. £120 for a DS, 2 games and get $50 worth of vouchers free!
Sun 06/02/05 at 19:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you work for them I can tell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.