GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AVP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 17:00
Regular
Film trailers are everywhere it seems. Visiting the internet movie database website just now, a trailer for AVP automatically loaded, and played in a little window on the right of the screen. I'd seen the trailer before, and I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

But then I go to 'release dates' to find out when I should book my ticket - released in the USA next week, but we have to wait til mid-october. What a load of crap.

Cue endless media featurettes, news reports and reviews. By the time the film hits the UK, I'll know the story inside out, whether I want to or not, and will no doubt have the ending spoilt for me by some soon to be dead smart ass.

It should be like the matrix, where it gets released worldwide at the same time on the same day. Although having said that, a lot of that was ruined in the weeks leading up to it.

I'm still going to go and see it regardless, so I'll end this pointless rant now with a question - Will it be a hit or a complete flop, in your opinion?
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> considering its going to be a 12, its guarenteed crapness!

Oh dear.

A 12. Even the AVP2 GAME was a 15.

Forget it, then.
Mon 09/08/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
considering its going to be a 12, its guarenteed crapness!
Mon 09/08/04 at 11:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's no MVP
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:27
"Metal Head"
I can't wait, I posted something a long time ago about it. I think its gonna be so cool, It better be. I am a huge fan of the Predator, and both of the movies where good, Especially #.1.

I hope the movie is good. Last time I checked its release was 14 Aug. Donno though now.
Sun 08/08/04 at 19:45
Regular
A solid plan.

well, it would be if my god forsaken XBOX had multi-region capabilities.

*shakes fist at xbox*
Sun 08/08/04 at 19:30
Regular
It'll do well, but chances are it'll suck. Should be out on R1 DVD by October so I'll get that instead of going t'cinema.
Sun 08/08/04 at 17:00
Regular
Film trailers are everywhere it seems. Visiting the internet movie database website just now, a trailer for AVP automatically loaded, and played in a little window on the right of the screen. I'd seen the trailer before, and I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

But then I go to 'release dates' to find out when I should book my ticket - released in the USA next week, but we have to wait til mid-october. What a load of crap.

Cue endless media featurettes, news reports and reviews. By the time the film hits the UK, I'll know the story inside out, whether I want to or not, and will no doubt have the ending spoilt for me by some soon to be dead smart ass.

It should be like the matrix, where it gets released worldwide at the same time on the same day. Although having said that, a lot of that was ruined in the weeks leading up to it.

I'm still going to go and see it regardless, so I'll end this pointless rant now with a question - Will it be a hit or a complete flop, in your opinion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.