GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the village"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 18:17
Regular
This latest offering from that Shyamalan bloke seems quite promising. Hopefully will have more of a resemblense(sp?) to the sixth sense in meaning that it is good. A masterpiece infact. Unlike unbreakable which seems to receive about 4 stars when its on tv and it actually sucks. Mr Shyamalan must have bribed those tv people. Unfortunately its only going to be a 12A. So unless its quite psychological I doubt their will be any wet pants as people exit the cinema. So what does everyone think about this. Good or bad?
Sat 21/08/04 at 20:05
Regular
Came out yesterday...

The acting was superb... the ending... well what else was there to say?
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:23
Regular
"Colourless"
When's it out in England?
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:22
Regular
"Colourless"
Saw it a couple of weeks ago.

I've decided (after hours of deliberation..) that it was a good film.

When it ended, I was left there thinking, "erm Mr M.Night.... that's not an ending."

But thinking about it, it was a really clever film. Lots of great twists and some reasonable acting I guess....

It wasn't really very "scary" though which I was disappointed with...
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:15
Regular
Ha ha.

I am a fan of the Bronte sisters but Emily's Wuthering Heights if by far the best. The only novel she wrote as well. It is the most bizarre and twisted love story ever told and for that reason you should all read it. Much like the Village it is a gothic love story.

I am a fan of Limpbizkit for the same reason people like Metallica and so forth, the music appeals to me.

I also like underground Ska-punk band Spunge, Pop-punkers Bowling For soup and in particular Blink 182.

I'm also a large fan of Muse, Linkin Park, Sum 41, Iggy Pop, Keane, Feeder, Reel Big Fish, Iron Maiden, Hell is For Heroes etc...

I don't like Limpbizkit because of the front man, the fact that my mates do (although they certainly do not) or that they are in the newspapers a lot.

If I like what I listen to then I like the band and for that reason I can't be criticised. People like music depending on their state of mind and so it truly is a matter of taste and opinion.
Fri 20/08/04 at 00:29
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I saw the Village on Monday...
>
> It was like Wuthering Heights with a small horror element.

--

You are obviously a huge Wuthering Heights fan. It probably takes pride of place among your classic English literature shelf, alongside Limp Bizkit:Uk Tour 03/04.
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:42
Regular
I saw the Village on Monday...

It was like Wuthering Heights with a small horror element.

Great film.
Mon 09/08/04 at 12:45
Regular
yeah I saw that on a copy, didnt think much of it. Its pretty much the 1st one with different actors and slightly better gore effects. Though I have to say I didnt like the 1st one, so its not surprising.
Sun 08/08/04 at 22:13
Regular
"the burning sky"
Dawn of the Dead?
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:40
Regular
thats going to really suck if alien vs predator is a 12. Where have all the 18's gone???
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:34
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> films nowadays are
> too complex for them to understand anyway so why bother.

--

Yes, so very very complex. I can hardly understand Spider-Man 2 or I, Robot. Too many Lynchian plot lines for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.